Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st June 2015, 21:58   #1
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Smile Warm thanks to John H!

Hi All,

Less than a week ago, I posted the tale of my disappearing front indicator spring clip. By pure coincidence, a few days later I read squire's thread of his identical problem and how John H had found one and sent it to him free of charge. So, with nothing to lose, I pm'd John on Thursday evening to enquire if he might have another such clip. Within 10 minutes, not only had he replied - but searched his 'Alladin's cave' and found another one for me. By 9 am Saturday via first class post, I was the proud possessor of the clip - for which John H refused to accept any payment

This is such a lovely example of what a community of helpful people this Club is at its very best - and John H exemplifies that generous spirit!

Many thanks again to John (now all I have to do is calmly refit the offending indicator ).

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon

Last edited by Zircon; 21st June 2015 at 21:59.. Reason: grammatical correction
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 22:00   #2
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

He certainly is a huge ass(et) to the club…. Very friendly, and incredibly helpful!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 22:10   #3
Poggit
Gets stuck in

Nissan Leaf

Hmmm a friend of mine contacted me just today was trying to source the very same thing after his, too, liberated it self from the scene ! May be we need a 'How to prevent indicator retaining clips going AWOL thread!
Old 22nd June 2015, 06:05   #4
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Thanks guys for your feedback, It's nice to be recognised for more than just being daft and damn ugly as I truly am!
But to stay on topic, If I remember correctly I have changed a couple of these bulbs in-situ via the headlamp access panel, yep looked a totally stupid idiot doing so with arm at full length inside the wheel arch, but did it from that position, also as many of these lovelies don't have under trays any more, the bulb can be done even easier from the front under the bumper edge by undoing 2 screws for the air ducting to the brakes. Sounds a bit much I know but there it is !
I shall try to acquire some spare clips on my next yard trip, they are on the list!
Happy bulb changing you guys n girls alike!
Cheers JohnH.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote