Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th May 2016, 21:25   #21
RoverRobson
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles View Post
You lot think that's bad!

I have just insured my son in a Mk4 Golf at a quite reasonable £950 ( he's just passed his test).

Just for a laugh I got a quote through a comparison site for my old 1995 BMW 328i. One quote came in at £108,905!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LMFAO!!

Insurance is just a massive con, I'm not saying I support it or I would personally do it, but you can see why so many people drive around without insurance. If you get caught it's cheaper paying the fine.

MG ZT-T SE Sports Auto 2.5 V6 180 Monogram Twilight - 1 of 1 Built

"The Purple One"
RoverRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 23:56   #22
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

I just got my renewal quote emailed through today from Go Skippy...

TPFT £419.20
Arrangement Fee £90
Windscreen Cover £30.99

Total £540.19

I have been with these for the past two years.

When I call them the total price will go down as I'm removing a named driver and also windscreen cover so I expect the total to be mid 400s.

Had my license 21 years with 2 years NCB and the cover is for my 2004 ZTT diesel.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 07:12   #23
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

^^^ You often find that TPFT is dearer than fully Comp
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 09:27   #24
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Insurance up for renewal next week so I've been trying all the usual comparison sites, co op is cheapest every time but depending on which site we choose they range from £686.12 to £759.47 So obviously the site's must put a bit on for themselves but I didn't expect to get 4 different quotes from the same company with 4 different prices for all the same details

I think I'll drop Adrian Flux an email, see what they say

Hi, I've just been through the same tiring process.

Found a very competitive quote that save me over £55 compared with my current insurer with the brokers, A-Plan www.aplan.co.uk - so you may want to give them a try.

All the best, Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 17:51   #25
RoverRyan
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default insurance con.

I am 20 years old with 3 years no claims bonus.

I am insured on my old Land Rover with the 3 years no claims the price is high compared to my Dad but that's life.

please explain to me why I pay over £2000 for the Rover for the simple fact I cant use the no claims bonus, if I could then it would be about £700

that's with Adrian flux.

My Car...

was the 97,610th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
was the 2,001st 75 1.8 T Connoisseur to be made out of 2,392
was the 10,746th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
RoverRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 19:45   #26
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

So in the end I was losing the will to live filling in forms and speaking to people with the same question after question after question, form after form after form I just ended up going with the Co op. £686 for the year, 24 year old main driver so I'm not too angry about the price if I'm honest
Old 5th May 2016, 20:26   #27
steveo

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
I just got my renewal quote emailed through today from Go Skippy...

TPFT £419.20
Arrangement Fee £90
Windscreen Cover £30.99

Total £540.19

I have been with these for the past two years.

When I call them the total price will go down as I'm removing a named driver and also windscreen cover so I expect the total to be mid 400s.

Had my license 21 years with 2 years NCB and the cover is for my 2004 ZTT diesel.
Hi
I have heard bad things about this company ,the first one involves a friend who insured his car and paid the down payment go skippy then increased the premium for no apparent reason and the policy owner told them that he wished to cancel as they had no reason to increase the premium.
Go skippy's answer was to cancel his policy then take the next payment out of his account.
Total cost for less than 1 months insurance £350

My son insured a little 206 the down payment was £220 and £80 a month thereafter
At the time he took out the policy he was working as a chef at a well known chicken outlet
His girlfriend left him with the children (some of which were not his) the insurance company rang him to ask for proof of income.
He explained that he had to quit his job to look after the children left in his care and go skippy's answer was we will still insure you but the premium is an extra £600,£200 payable within 14 days
He cancelled the policy and they still took the £80 monthly payment for insurance he no longer had.

Total cost of less than one month insurance £220 (£80 refunded)

Regards
Steve

Last edited by steveo; 5th May 2016 at 20:29..
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 01:06   #28
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
^^^ You often find that TPFT is dearer than fully Comp
I've heard that but it has never been true in my case....TPFT is cheaper for me and I don't see the point in paying extra for fully comp for these cars as the slightest claim will result in the car becoming an insurance right off so I prefer TPFT and if needed I will replace any damaged panel or whatever myself without going through insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi
I have heard bad things about this company ,the first one involves a friend who insured his car and paid the down payment go skippy then increased the premium for no apparent reason and the policy owner told them that he wished to cancel as they had no reason to increase the premium.
Go skippy's answer was to cancel his policy then take the next payment out of his account.
Total cost for less than 1 months insurance £350

My son insured a little 206 the down payment was £220 and £80 a month thereafter
At the time he took out the policy he was working as a chef at a well known chicken outlet
His girlfriend left him with the children (some of which were not his) the insurance company rang him to ask for proof of income.
He explained that he had to quit his job to look after the children left in his care and go skippy's answer was we will still insure you but the premium is an extra £600,£200 payable within 14 days
He cancelled the policy and they still took the £80 monthly payment for insurance he no longer had.

Total cost of less than one month insurance £220 (£80 refunded)

Regards
Steve
I've been with Go Skippy for the past two years and haven't had any issues with them (fingers crossed), the only negative I have experienced is any slight change they charge an admin fee (think it was £80 last time to change my address) so as long as nothing is going to change for the 12 months duration then everything is smooth.

Funnily enough I went on one of the comparison sites last night just to see if there were any cheaper than my renewal quote...Go Skippy were still the cheapest and beat their own renewal quote by 100quid lol...my insurance isn't due until the 27th so that's going to be an interesting phone call lol (I'm waiting for my private registration plate to get changed over before I renew so it's already down officially so as to save the admin fee if I renew my policy too soon lol).

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote