Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th June 2020, 15:36   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default Powerflow

had the kv6 around 10 years now. over this time i have changed downpipes and cat twice , centre sections twice , and rear backbox 4 times. having just changed the front section and cat only last year i decided to have the cat back section fitted in stainless. went to powerflow in leicester and im happy to say they did a good job. noise is about the same as before as i asked for a "quiet" exhaust system and to be honest its not too bad at all but i dont think it will ever be as good as the original clamshell box sound of old that it had. overall im glad its done now. when i think of how much time and money i have spent i wonder why i didnt do it years ago. £ 399 was pretty reasonable and 2 hrs waiting on site (outside). all my previous exhausts /box cats etc were all done by me outside / on the main road under jackstands in all weathers so for me at 70 yrs age its a good move !! not all of you will bother doing jobs like this under the car but people like marinabrian will know exactly what i mean.: ..... im sure. !
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 16:18   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I think it's fair to say, provided you are happy with the sound, then you won't be paying for replacements any time soon.

I have Powerflow system on the ZT it looks good, sounds a bit fruitier than the cheap mild steel aftermarket system it replaced, but will outlast the car.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 16:36   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

before i went to have the stainless exhaust fitted i have to confess i was more than wary of the type of fitter i would get. so armed with tools and spare parts (in case a major catastophe happened i took new downpipe studs, gasket /rubbers and engine to exhaust bracket ) all was fine thankfully. the guy was early fifties and i could see everything he did on the car up on the ramp. after i had explained to him my requirements and picked a double tailpipe from the options i watched him. it was a pleasure to watch a man who was experienced and meticulous in all he did. he did the job in total on his own measuring pipe lengths /bending cropping/buffing and welding all after checking dimentions two or three times first. he even put a spirit level on the exhaust tips before tacking and welding to my instructions to leave clearance both at the sides of the tailpipes to metal frame of the bumper cutout finisher.and also the lenghth of protrusion i asked for to avoid heat on the bumper. he even removed the cat part aftermarket brackets from my aftermarket front section and fitted my new double horseshoe bracket to the engine before making two new brackets and welding them to the old pipes for me. i was pleased with this as every one ive had before NEVER lined up with the brackets on the horseshoe bracket and always put the bracket under stress from day one i think thats why they probably break.he finally invited me under for an inspection (covid safe) to check everything. im not in anyway trying to drum up business for these people and im not connected in any way but what a nice thing to see these days someone doing a job properly and with heart and pride instead of a young man who does not give a tinkers for you or anything or anyone. was a pleasure to watch and i told him so. .... ah the good old days !
Old 26th June 2020, 21:45   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

What a good recommendation, it really is refreshing to find someone who takes pride in their work thesedays.
Old 27th June 2020, 11:34   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
had the kv6 around 10 years now. over this time i have changed downpipes and cat twice , centre sections twice , and rear backbox 4 times. having just changed the front section and cat only last year i decided to have the cat back section fitted in stainless. went to powerflow in leicester and im happy to say they did a good job. noise is about the same as before as i asked for a "quiet" exhaust system and to be honest its not too bad at all but i dont think it will ever be as good as the original clamshell box sound of old that it had. overall im glad its done now. when i think of how much time and money i have spent i wonder why i didnt do it years ago. £ 399 was pretty reasonable and 2 hrs waiting on site (outside). all my previous exhausts /box cats etc were all done by me outside / on the main road under jackstands in all weathers so for me at 70 yrs age its a good move !! not all of you will bother doing jobs like this under the car but people like marinabrian will know exactly what i mean.: ..... im sure. !
I remember those days of under the car yourself to save money and make sure the job was done properly. It was my downfall in 1974. I put two new exhaust pipes and silencers on my Daimler V8 in the road because the front garden had only a line of slabs and they were on a sloping garden. For my efforts I got double pneumonia. Not very nice.
Old 27th June 2020, 23:14   #6
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

was it the sp250 ? if it was i do remember them. dark green colour i seem to remember mostly and were they fibre glass ? if it was then they are worth a few quid now i would imagine. nice leather seats and walnut/leather dash if i recall. lovely cars with character. oh and as you remind me two large prominent exhaust pipes at the rear ... to remind you of what sat under the bonnet.! at least you had one. those days are now gone forever sadly.