Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2020, 21:43   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default I found this funny

on the news a businessman in Bournemouth was saying to declare an emergency is a signal to tourists that we cannot manage so they will stay away.

ya that's right, officials could not cope yesterday.

An emergency was declared yesterday as officials could not cope with the influx of people to the beech

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 23:15   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
on the news a businessman in Bournemouth was saying to declare an emergency is a signal to tourists that we cannot manage so they will stay away.

An emergency was declared yesterday as officials could not cope with the influx of people to the beech

macafee2
I'm not surprised Ian, how many people could you safely send up a tree I wonder?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 07:26   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
Think you will find the emergency was there were no toilets open, half a million people arrived that’s a lot of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- to put up with.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 08:06   #4
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Think you will find the emergency was there were no toilets open, half a million people arrived that’s a lot of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- to put up with.

Rev
Don't think the lack of toilets can be the cause of this though Jules..
"It's not my back yard so why should I care" seems to be the norm these days

Old 27th June 2020, 08:15   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post

They would still treat their own back yard exactly the same, its inbred I am a Brit and I can do what I want.

Rev.

How are you both keeping.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 08:51   #6
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Hi Jules
Yes mate we're really good ta and although missing the superbike racing (back on August 7th) I must admit we're enjoying the time at home growing strawberry's and salads, baking our own bread and cakes again and sitting in the shade of the gazebo in the garden with a cool drink and our distant sea view across to Portland is all quite relaxing..
xx to Dawn

Last edited by Ian G; 27th June 2020 at 08:54..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 11:55   #7
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Thats disgusting.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 13:38   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post

Dear oh dear

What happened to leave nothing but your footprints, take nothing but your memories

Dirty thoughtless idiots, compare to Whitley Bay on the same day........

One of my pet hates is litter, there is no need whatsoever to leave your rubbish anywhere other than a dustbin, our coastal towns are beautiful places to visit, and they should be left as found, not looking like a landfill site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plodging2.jpg (108.5 KB, 29 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 14:21   #9
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

where are all the young green protesters and young save our planet activists now who blocked the streets of london ? alot of them in there with the rest i suppose. these covidiots are the lagacey we have spawned as an example to the rest of the world with a mindset of me first me second and you last. yet another example of people who dont give a tinkers about me or you or anything else .... apart from themselves. i would like to see these people pulling down putins statues in russia .... i dont think so. they all seem to be around the same age and the type that if you say anything " i will kick your head in " we are just too soft here with people as the police are even coming under attack. stop the furlough money if they get arrested cos at the end of the day we tax payers are paying for their booze and drugs. there are a lot of decent young people in this country but sadly are becoming a small minority. a lot are still acting like seventeen year olds even into their forties ... how pathetic is that ? we were all young once you might add but when does adulthood kick in .
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 15:24   #10
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Yes the question has been asked where are our young climate protesters when the time comes to clean up the beach? Answer On their way home from the beach !!

A few weeks ago at a local beauty spot local residents (many of them OAPs) who turned out to help with parking and other issues that happen when 1000s of people arrive at a resort were abused by people who had decided to drive 100s of miles to sit on the beach drinking and eating dig a hole in the sand to take a dump then throw themselves off rocks and create havoc for our emergency services..

QUOTE..

Volunteer Anna Taylor said: "I was picking things up that I really shouldn't have to pick up.

"I had litter thrown at me, I had bags and bags of rubbish dumped near me to deal with.

"I've had people shouting at me when I asked them nicely to take their litter with them."

Jurassic Coast Trust chief executive Lucy Culkin said it had been a "difficult and challenging" weekend.

On Saturday three people were airlifted to hospital after tombstoning from the limestone arch at Durdle Door Beach.

Ms Culkin said the trust received hundreds of complaints about "appalling" volumes of litter on beaches, as well as human waste, sanitary items and disposable barbecues on footpaths in dry, hot conditions

Some people who have Bed and Breakfast accommodation have even suffered verbal abuse when they try to explain to people who have been trying to stay overnight that they are unable to open..

Last edited by Ian G; 27th June 2020 at 15:42..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote