Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2020, 18:56   #151
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Until they have a cure or a vaccination that will work I won't be going out socially anytime soon, unless it is for medical reasons.

Unfortunately for me if I get Covid-19 it's a pine box!

How do you know that for sure Neil?

Quote:
Food I get delivered.
Fair enough

Quote:
I have nearly every TV Channel I can get; Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV which I added Sky Sports to.

Formula 1 starts again on Friday and the Cricket is starting soon with England v Windies.
I couldn't be more bored if I tried

Quote:
Thankfully I have a garden which is nice when the sun is out.

I've kept my car running mostly by sitting in it and letting it run every couple of weeks.
Thankfully I went for an hours drive on Wednesday to make sure everything was okay after a visit to Tesco's to check the tyres.
You pay 50p to use the machine but it's the most accurate one around and kept in excellent condition unlike the free machine at Sainsburys
That must have been exciting for you

Today I went to a working men's club, and enjoyed a cold pint of beer

No one died, it was clean, spotless in fact and the steward was saying the demographic of their customers were predominantly over the age of 70, and the measures put in place to ensure safety seemed to my eye sensible.

Before anyone screams "how did he get a pint before the lifting of lockdown?" I was there along with a friend working, and the steward who had previously had throat cancer hasn't have any sense of taste for the last two years, and he wanted an opinion on the draught beer

What a pleasant way to take five during a working day

Life as we know it is being distorted, I have full respect for people who chose not to participate in life due to their anxiety, I have scant regard however for the way the media has been cynically manipulated to cause that anxiety

Enjoy your next outing to the airline at Tesco

Brian
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:57   #152
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

From memory I think Neil may have an underlying health conditon Brian.

Old 2nd July 2020, 20:17   #153
marinabrian

MG ZT

There have been 181 NHS employees that have died in England attributed as a result of Covid infection, this of course is a tragedy for the families involved.

Shall we try that as a percentage of the NHS staff in England..........

There are 1.2 million staff employed by the NHS in England, so you are looking at 0.02%

Now that we have put it into context, how about those involved in adult social care? 131 Covid attributable deaths.

There are approximately one million people employed in adult social care in England, this breaks down into roughly 840000 care workers, 87000 senior care workers and 41000 registered nurses.

So as a percentage 0.01%

Transport for London employs over 28000 people, of those 33 have died with Covid 19, making a figure of 0.12% by far and away the worst occupation.

Make no bones about it, although every death attributable to Covid 19 is a personal tragedy for the loved ones left behind, there is no difference in any way whatsoever to any loved one who is lost for reasons other than Covid.

The figures do not represent in any way the level of danger as portrayed in the media, if the media were to be believed, we would all be dead by now, and killed again for good measure.

The sooner people wake up the the fact that we've are being taken for a ride, the better

Brian

P.S. your sarcasm in regard to the explanation of what "the sharp end" meant was lost on me, as it appears was the rhetorical nature of my original question to you, as to your interpretation of the phrase
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:22   #154
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
From memory I think Neil may have an underlying health conditon Brian.
I suppose that depends on the condition Mick, I've only ever met Neil the once and that was fairly briefly
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:32   #155
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

Today I went to a working men's club, and enjoyed a cold pint of beer

Brian
do you englishers not have your pints delivered?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:40   #156
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
do you englishers not have your pints delivered?
Yep, I had it delivered directly to my right hand in a glass, fresh out of the pump with no PPE in evidence Alan, it went down a treat

Brian
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:48   #157
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

[QUOTE=Neil1;2822460]Until they have a cure or a vaccination that will work I won't be going out socially anytime soon, unless it is for medical reasons.

At present, with the proposed restrictions on dining out, going to the pub or even going non-food shopping, I see no point in putting myself at risk - they will be alien experiences, and not pleasant ones! However, going for a drive with a picnic is a much better idea when I get fed up with the garden and the house. Winter,of course, will be a different story!
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:05   #158
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Until they have a cure or a vaccination that will work I won't be going out socially anytime soon, unless it is for medical reasons.

You'll have a very long wait then.
None of the coronaviruses (the family, not SARS-CoV2) that cause severe symptoms in humans have a vaccine. Despite all the research activity, there's nothing to suggest SARS-CoV2 will be any different.
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:38   #159
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Yesterday's figures finally available:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Appears quite a low figure for midweek, despite the protests, raves and other mass gatherings over recent weeks. With the planned further lifting of restrictions over the coming weekend happening hopefully this trend will continue?
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:43   #160
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Try this..................
https://www.intvetvaccnet.co.uk/blog...-coronaviruses
Closed Thread