Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd July 2020, 14:33   #1
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Number Plate

I have the number K70 FVE, on my V6, would it be worth any thing.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:55   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

There are a number of personal number plate sellers who offer free valuations , and you can apply to them by EMail, but they do take quite a length of time to reply. Elite Registrations are one of the bigger players in this field. Your particular number would have been bought from the DVLA direct for £250, I believe, but is highly personal having a "K" and a "V" in it - not popular letters, and unless I have missed something, does not spell anything, even with imagination. That said, I have always found that any purchased from the DVLA do at least retain their value. Of course, it does cost £80 to retain or transfer a number - one charge which has NEVER been increased since I first started buying them in the 1980s. Lost track of how many I have enjoyed but currently I have 14, of which 6 are on retention. I always feel better with a private plate, and I am told they are less likely to be cloned as they are memorable!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:52   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev
I will give you a £ For it. How you going up in your pulpit? I have a reg number that consists of three letters and one low number. I had it valued at robbers ( we will give you the best valuation) company. I know it is worth at least £15/20,000. It was valued at £300.11 pence. Yea ok. This geezer drives about in the latest Bentley. Two years after having it valued, I had a call from them asking if I still wanted to sell the number. We will give you an updated offer. Really. You know what the answer was.
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:22   #4
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

[QUOTE=coolguy;2822660]There are a number of personal number plate sellers who offer free valuations , and you can apply to them by EMail, but they do take quite a length of time to reply. Elite Registrations are one of the bigger players in this field. Your particular number would have been bought from the DVLA direct for £250, I believe, but is highly personal having a "K" and a "V" in it - not popular letters, and unless I have missed something, does not spell anything, even with imagination. That said, I have always found that any purchased from the DVLA do at least retain their value. Of course, it does cost £80 to retain or transfer a number - one charge which has NEVER been increased since I first started buying them in the 1980s. Lost track of how many I have enjoyed but currently I have 14, of which 6 are on retention. I always feel better with a private plate, and I am told they are less likely to be cloned as they are memorable![/QUOTE.

Hi.
I interpreted this as K series engine on a Rover 70FVE?.
Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2020, 10:16   #5
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Hi.
I interpreted this as K series engine on a Rover 70FVE?.
Rev.[/QUOTE]

I cannot have been awake - I usually manage to see obscure references, but this one foxed me! My 75 related plates are much more obvious - SE04 ROV, and R25 VER.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2020, 11:15   #6
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This subject gets a poor rep. Sometimes they are called ‘vanity plates’ but there are many, more subtle, reasons for using them and not all of them financial.

The one on my 75 was acquired in 1987 and has been transferred to all of my cars since. Frequently told I should have gone down the MG route, the first three characters are 190. 19 being the date in the month we were married and the 0 being the start of our lives together all those years ago. Then, after the space, my three initials (no mysterious interpretations of fixing stud positioning).

Bingo, no excuse necessary to persuade Celia that the purchase was essential and for all the right reasons. That’s not an easy nut to crack.

Mind you, parked in a drive near me there used to be a Porsche with 2 C0X. Now that takes a lot more explaining.
Old 4th July 2020, 13:55   #7
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Mine is simple,friends call me "Wanty"

w44nty was as close as I could get,worth nothing, unless you are called Wanty

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2020, 01:23   #8
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

My vanity plate was bought as a present by my wife and has been on my last 5 cars. It has the year letter then 666 followed by my initials..I was offered a grand for it by a company owner with the same initials to go on his merc..it’s not going anywhere..
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2020, 09:17   #9
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev

If there is a Frederick Victor Erickson out there who owns a 1970's particular model of Volkswagen you could probably name your price.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 5th July 2020 at 12:54..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2020, 10:30   #10
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
If there is a Frederick Victor Erickson out there who owns a 1970's particular model of Volkswagen you coud probably name your price.
Guten Morgen, Frederick Victor Ericsson here, I have recently changed my name by deed poll from Mr KVL 741Y, and would like to purchase your cherished numberplate please

Fred
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote