Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2020, 20:06   #191
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Well I would want to know, if only to shake them by the throat. Grasses, all of 'em.

I guess that's why they won't tell you! However. I would want to be told if I was at risk but would want the risk proved, hence wanting to know where I might have got it.
Old 7th July 2020, 20:55   #192
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Therein lies the problem. The alleged disaster is neither proven nor provable. There are as many theories as there are people doing the theorising and all are being held hostage to credibility.

I would not trust anyone's exhortations to supply data about my whereabouts or standing under any circumstances that may have arisen so far. It also seems odd to me that the millions of religious followers across the world are silent about a plague that is way beyond biblical proportions. Frogs and locusts I could understand, at least you can see them.

The latest pantomime about being told you have been in contact with a Covid source but cannot be told who was the informer is absolutely ridiculous. To then attempt to blame data regulations is hilarious subterfuge.

There are several economists from the last century who's opinions we are unable to have the benefit of and I'm sure their views on the real source and purpose of all this cobblers would be enlightening.

Although the illness now attacking the population is real enough and those affected should be given every assistance to overcome the infection, the strictures and privations are self-evidently less than effective. How many times can you have a second strike?
Old 7th July 2020, 21:33   #193
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Therein lies the problem. The alleged disaster is neither proven nor provable. There are as many theories as there are people doing the theorising and all are being held hostage to credibility.

I would not trust anyone's exhortations to supply data about my whereabouts or standing under any circumstances that may have arisen so far. It also seems odd to me that the millions of religious followers across the world are silent about a plague that is way beyond biblical proportions. Frogs and locusts I could understand, at least you can see them.

The latest pantomime about being told you have been in contact with a Covid source but cannot be told who was the informer is absolutely ridiculous. To then attempt to blame data regulations is hilarious subterfuge.

There are several economists from the last century who's opinions we are unable to have the benefit of and I'm sure their views on the real source and purpose of all this cobblers would be enlightening.

Although the illness now attacking the population is real enough and those affected should be given every assistance to overcome the infection, the strictures and privations are self-evidently less than effective. How many times can you have a second strike?
Hear Hear !

No one that I do not chose too will have any more data than strictly necessary to allow me to operate in these times, if a company won't take cash, then they have simply lost a sale.

I've said from the beginning of this whole debacle the reasoning behind the reaction to the virus was more sinister than the virus itself.

I'm now at the bottom of the garden path, and need to find my way back to the house, so I can put the kettle on for a cup of coffee

Brian
Old 8th July 2020, 06:31   #194
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Indicative Of The Casual Approach To The Virus

Though this relates to other countries, it just goes to show how this spreads around.......
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53330509
Old 8th July 2020, 07:07   #195
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Maybe its me but I feel there seems to be an inconsistency in how this is all being handled world wide.

Around the world there are thousands of people sadly dying every day from this virus and they are holding cricket matches, Grand Prix's and football matches to try and get things back to normal. I am not saying we can do anything to stop the advance of the virus but it just seems odd.
Old 8th July 2020, 07:48   #196
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Maybe its me but I feel there seems to be an inconsistency in how this is all being handled world wide.

Around the world there are thousands of people sadly dying every day from this virus and they are holding cricket matches, Grand Prix's and football matches to try and get things back to normal. I am not saying we can do anything to stop the advance of the virus but it just seems odd.
Surely that's as a result of the inconsistent effect the virus is having around the world. The standards of treatment and recording of "numbers" will vary from state to state as much as country to country.
Old 8th July 2020, 10:25   #197
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Total numbers of infections are one thing. It seems to be that the higher the national gross number the more dangerous and therefore worthy of increased restrictions. Therefore the greater the pressure to comply with glib daily Q/A sessions on TV.

However, a thousand times more relevant is the density of the population and the 'cell' of localised infection. For the benefit of the bland cardboard ministers who think we are all idiot sheep, this is how you 'Isolate'; with a scalpel rather than a mallet. I don't know which is more scary, the apparent impression that we are all thick, or the dismissive attitude that we are not worthy of any credibility.
It's not just wrong, it's damned rude.

Last edited by wraymond; 8th July 2020 at 10:28..
Old 8th July 2020, 13:12   #198
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

First test match to start against the west Indies, I wonder who will be the first to put saliva on the ball & get the match abandoned!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Old 8th July 2020, 18:49   #199
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

And there's many more thousands dying as a result of just being alive
We've all got to go at some point, for some reason...does it really matter if its due to Covid or not?
Old 8th July 2020, 19:59   #200
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
And there's many more thousands dying as a result of just being alive
We've all got to go at some point, for some reason...does it really matter if its due to Covid or not?
No I suppose not as long as it is not one of us or anybody we know or care for.

I wonder if the people who are taking there last breath or are hooked up to a ventilator are bothered that we are now trying to put sport on TV.
Closed Thread