Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2020, 19:45   #721
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Painted the garage floor a couple of days ago, so got everything back out of the shed and put it back where it should be. Also installed a couple of new shelving units (bargain at £50 the pair from Screwfix) so I now have an almost clear floor.(Trolley jack and power washer are a bit big to get on a shelf!). I used Leyland heavy duty floor paint and you can't rush the drying and hardening process (heaven only knows how long it would take in the winter!). I wonder how long it will be before I can find everything now it's tidy! I also put a new shaft on the lump hammer which I broke, repairing the conservatory wall! (ALmost took my head off when it went!)

Last edited by roverbarmy; 23rd July 2020 at 19:48..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:17   #722
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Went out to Wroxham and did some shopping. The place was full of noisy Lunneners, so I hot footed it to North Walsham to shop with "locals"!
https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/ree...haos-1-6749558
Wroxham is always our first night stop after picking our boat up at Stalham on our annual week on the Broads. Fantastic place.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2020, 20:24   #723
roverbarmy
This is my second home

More shed repairs today. Cut out the rotten base supports and replace with new. A bit of standing on a long bar whilst sliding the new timbers under (with a layer of plastic dpc under those too), then screwing in corner braces and replacing the rotted lower boards. Creosote on the back and fencepaint on the fronts. I had some inspiration watching American Barn Builders on the telly. It all scaled down nicely to my shed. Everything now stronger than original so nice and dry and secure again!
Old 19th August 2020, 03:48   #724
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

No work on the MGs today but I did get the new TV mounted in my garage.
I never intended to put one in there but circumstances saw me in possession of a new 58" set with no place to put it. So I spent the last couple of days stripping down the souvenir wall in my garage, installing the TV mount and installing the TV (With the help of my younger and stronger son-in law) then filling nail holes, repainting the wall and rehanging as much stuff as would fit. The cable box should arrive tomorrow then I will have access to 499 channels of nothing and one of motor racing.
While I was at it I stripped down my old roller tool chest and installed new castors. Than only took 4 years!

Edit: And it's done! Mostly, I just have to make up a mask for the LED lights to stop the reflection and clean up the wiring.
I did a test run of the set watching Wheeler Dealers from the seat of the MGF.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 20th August 2020 at 00:25..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 15:25   #725
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Spent the afternoon rubbing down the rear bumper of the wife's Polo as some kind person has "touch parked" up to it, cracking the paint and putting an upward bend in the top surface. A heat gun has helped greatly with the upward thrust but the cracked paint has taken some rubbing down to feather it back. My local paint supplier won't be open until Tuesday and I'm not going to risk using any of the usual touch up rattle cans as my more recent dabbles with "modern" paint systems have had me swearing and cussing! The rattle cans mixed at my local automotive paint suppliers have always worked well, giving a good spray fan and a good finish (without any reactions). My favourite paint used to be Tekaloid coach finish for commercials but the car spraying malarky is full of trip hazards these days! I've bought a purpose made, metal finisher to protect the loading area and cover the crease, so just need to get a reasonable finish over the rest. (Until the next time!)
Old 2nd September 2020, 00:51   #726
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Well blow me down, my Dinitrol arrived today, so out came the trusty schutz gun, and the extension lance...........oops it doesn't fit through the trim clip holes !!.

So a couple of ideas were floated......extension made from brake pipe, might that work?....nope.

This is but a minor setback, I'm sure when I've had a bit of time to consider the options, I'll figure something out......

Funny thing is, the standard nozzle on the gun has a 3/16" opening, meaning brake pipe is a perfect fit, and my idea had been a 18" section of pipe with a series of small holes drilled in, allowing the pipe to be inserted and slowly withdrawn while spraying ensuring good coverage.

However it would seem the restriction of the pipe would risk pressurising the canister of dinitrol....................gah it was all looking so promising that I'd get the chance to drive the car again
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2020, 14:15   #727
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Didn't touch the zt ,but looked at the daughters cmax with the jammed gearbox.

Found one selector cable was out of it housing and stuck in 1st.
After reading what nightmare new cables are to fit. Resolved to mend it

Found because a little spring had lost it tension the clamps holding the outer cable were all slack, managed to get the spring out trim it and reform it to give tension and it's sorted ,and cheaper than 40 quid cables.
Ulterior motive too we are all going glamping this weekend and with no cmax I would have to drive the zed loaded to the gunnels .

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2020, 20:36   #728
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

I fixed the blinds in the living room......nothing on the car at all following a dizzy turn this morning, and a ringing in my right ear which was not as a result of my wife nagging me !!

The blinds look good, the car is still outside awaiting a wash and polish, and I missed breakfast :-(
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2020, 06:49   #729
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I....

I'm turning my upstairs box room into an office so I've put in extra sockets and a new double radiator over the weekend. I've got a new 3D printer I'm itching to use so that's going in there with the PC and other office type stuff. I reckon because it's the box room and now an office I can call it the box office!
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2020, 08:37   #730
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Didn't do anything to the 75 on Saturday...

But did do a bunch of front suspension work on the other halfs' 25 to get her ready for MOT.

New lower arms, new droplinks, new ARB bushes, new radius rod bushes and a load of new nuts and bolts (where the parts were still obtainable) to replace corroded and tired looking ones.

Probably the most ambitious mechanical work I've done on a car (oil changes and brakes are my previous best effort) but all went well and feels tight as a drum at the front end now.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote