Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2020, 12:28   #31
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Default Terry Shaw TS Autos - recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Draining the tank effected me more than I thought it would, even tho I tried to keep a distance from breathing the fumes, I ended up with a swollen throat and a banging headache later in the evening.
Some anadin and a good nights sleep and the next day doing nothing has me sorted.

The petrol has obviously deteriorated quite alot, the smell of it resembling something like thinners.

Thanks for the heads up regarding Terry Nicholas, very much appreciated, also thanks to trikey trying to explain where it goes, after seeing a pic of where it goes speaks volumes.

A call to Terry is next.....
I cannot recommend Terry more highly.

Anyone who has ever had their car looked after by him will I am sure agree with me that you will appreciate the depth of his knowledge, expertise and thoroughness. 18 years after my car was assembled at Cowley, he corrected gaps on the shut lines of the doors that I had certainly never noticed. I am sure he must be the only guru still working on our cars who actually assembled them 😊.

All the best, Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 12:52   #32
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I spoke to Terry earlier today Nicholas, he has a wealth of knowledge and immediately improved my knowledge of the fuel pump system.

Thankyou very much for your help Terry, it was very much appreciated and saved me from the proverbial.

Now to get on with it.........
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 14:51   #33
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

My pleasure 😊.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2020, 16:29   #34
Ched

So this afternoon I fitted the replacement pump and filter, a doddle for someone with little hands and arms, a challenge for the rest of us 😂

I took some close up pics of the plastic pipe work as I’d mentioned to Terry that the pipes were split from the damage caused by the fuel.

A couple of gallons of fresh petrol will be bought later and then......

Anyway, some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th July 2020, 13:04   #35
Ched

5 gallons of Texacos finest adde to the tank, remove the relay and turn the engine over a few times for 5 secs, replace the relay then fingers crossed.......nothing tried again, nothing, I get Karen to switch the ign on while I listen to the pump, a thud every time it’s switched on, the damned thing is seized,.
It’s not electrics as I then tried another pump and that worked.

A message to the seller and he’s sending out a replacement.

Nothing is ever easy.......🙄

Old 30th July 2020, 21:04   #36
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Dave. Typical NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-’s law. Will you be a happy man when that bursts into life. Can not be far off now. It will be like you have won the lottery. Must congratulate you on your persistence in getting it finished. A good many would have give their neck by now. Will be great to see it up and running. As an aside I am having the timing belts done at Lates Saturday morning, so not long before we come down to see you and Karen.I will keep my fingers crossed for you when you get the new pump.
Old 30th July 2020, 21:25   #37
Ched

Hi Dave, Karen was full of beans after I'd put the fuel in, " c'mon c'mon, get it started"

I have to say I was a bit miffed when I found it was the pump again, I can hardly wait to take that apart again and refit it all....., new pump should be here Monday.

I really am looking forward to getting this car running , tho I don't understand why someone would pay £23000 for a car then just abandon it when it broke down

Good luck with the car on Saturday and we look forward to seeing you again.
Old 31st July 2020, 09:26   #38
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Default Re zt

Just catching up on this thread, wow I remember this car on eBay and you winning it. The 1st thread finished that long ago I thought you had sacked it till I noticed part 2. Well done for sticking with it.

Jt
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2020, 19:16   #39
Ched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
Just catching up on this thread, wow I remember this car on eBay and you winning it. The 1st thread finished that long ago I thought you had sacked it till I noticed part 2. Well done for sticking with it.

Jt
Thanks Jake, the poor thing was just sat there covered up with just no time to spend on it, my to be daily was in a bit of a state so that took priority, fixing bodge after bodge on it, now its a different car and one which I'm proud of.

Being on furlough has certainly helped with getting this 190 back up and running , waiting for the key with lockdown in place seemed to take forever.

This car has also played host to a bodge artist after it broke down, I really don't understand why people pull things apart then try to reassemble things very differently.

Still, fingers crossed when she's running it should just be a case of replacing the consumable parts........I was smiling when I wrote that.
Old 4th August 2020, 12:00   #40
Ched

Before I did anything I fitted the battery, then plugged the replacement pump in to make sure it worked, it did so onto changing them over.
Once it was all fitted I pulled the relay and turned the engine over a couple of times, put the relay back and turned it on, then I went to the pipe to make sure there was fuel, a lot of air under good pressure came out followed by the fuel, off and on with the ign and started her up ����������

She fired up and ran for a few seconds then died which I expected, started her again and she ran albeit rather lumpy.
After stopping it I plugged the code reader in and it said crank sensor malfunction so the new one was fitted together with the new coil pack.
Started again it she ran much much better, looks like she needs a replacement manifold as that was knocking and rattling.
There’s also an air leak somewhere on it as she is holding the revs for a good 10 seconds before dropping back down.

I shouldn’t complain too much, she’s been sat for at least 9 years , so today Ched is a very happy chappy.

Last edited by Ched; 4th August 2020 at 12:06..