Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th August 2020, 16:00   #11881
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Finally. Changed my offside front arm , all came out ok, no real grief, just fiddy.

Only prob came with new pinch bolt but which stripped its thread at only 75nm.
Supposed mgr oem one ,?
Used the old nut and torqued up ok .

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 30th August 2020 at 21:01..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 18:05   #11882
livinginthepast
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Havent used my tourer for a few weeks whist fitting new discs and callipers . thought i had better check the plenum...it was swimming in water!! I did the spyhole mod a couple of years ago when i got the car. All good now.
livinginthepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 18:08   #11883
DERV_ROVERRARI

MG ZT CDTi 135 ,Rover 400 GSDi,Vauxhall Corsa,Landrover SIII with Perkins diesel!!

Great day! First proper look at the car we bought nearly a year ago! Dad had always wanted a 75 and this one was very clean and only £1600 so we thought why not? It a 53 plate connoisseur SE CDTi Auto with 56,000 miles in Copper leaf red

We gave it a Full service using a kit from dmgrs 👍 also did the crankcase filter. ECU and pollen filter were sat in water so cleaned out the drains and replaced the filter. Took front bumper off to replace the washer bottle motor (replaced with later model which is much beefier) while the bumper was off I flat and polished the headlights back good as new (gave them a coat of autoglym egp)
Worked out why the headlights were so bad, both bulbs were upside down so the beam pattern was all wrong!

Checked front and rear subframes both are good, guessing the car hasn’t been driven in winter as the sills are also immaculate. Did notice we are missing 3 of the rubber jacking point pads so need to get some.

Trial fitted one of the 4 17” meteor wheels we bought to replace the 15” alloys on the car currently. The meteor need a refurb and 4 x new tyres. The current tyre is a 225/45 but it looked a bit silly in the 75s big arches so I’m going to go 215/50. I can get Landsail LS388 for £60 per tyre, got them in my VW T5 and they are great.

Still have plenty to do but really enjoy driving such an underrated car that I think people (outside of this forum!) are only just starting to appreciate was actually pretty good!
DERV_ROVERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 18:30   #11884
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

As an owner of a 53 plate CDTI SE Club Auto in Copperleaf Red, can I just say I hope you enjoy your car, as much as I enjoy mine.

At 56k on a " bulletproof" diesel, it's just like delivery miles only.

I rate my 75 very highly indeed, the ride is superb, the comfort and styling ...none better in my book. I'm sure you can look forward to many thousands of miles of a very pleasant driving experience. Get those jack pads a.s.a.p. Very important !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 18:42   #11885
DERV_ROVERRARI

MG ZT CDTi 135 ,Rover 400 GSDi,Vauxhall Corsa,Landrover SIII with Perkins diesel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
As an owner of a 53 plate CDTI SE Club Auto in Copperleaf Red, can I just say I hope you enjoy your car, as much as I enjoy mine.

At 56k on a " bulletproof" diesel, it's just like delivery miles only.

I rate my 75 very highly indeed, the ride is superb, the comfort and styling ...none better in my book. I'm sure you can look forward to many thousands of miles of a very pleasant driving experience. Get those jack pads a.s.a.p. Very important !!
We’ve always had rovers (200 SDi, 400 GSDi X 2, 25 auto, coupe turbo, MG ZS180, MG ZT CDTi) so knew they 75 would be good but in this spec with auto it really is great.

Odd with the jacking points? Think they have just fallen out as there is no paint damage from someone jacking with out them? Does give me an excuse to get some Bilt Hamber anti corrosion spray in there though!
DERV_ROVERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 20:47   #11886
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Decided to make a start on fitting the rear sunblind, removed the old one and finally got to hoover up the piles of broken glass that was hidden behind the various trim in the back, cleaned everything up as I went. Then couldn’t get a fabric dye locally so ordered some online....after I did that I the. Decided to just swap the bits over onto my original grey shelf (I know, I know lol). Got everything trimmed and the clips and sunblind removes from their shelf and clips then bonded onto my shelf. This is now setting overnight and should get it back in the car tomorrow after work tomorrow. Will get blind itself wiped down before it’s secured in place and then it’s just getting a four hole dash piece and maybe getting the Dremel out and attach a two hole or something.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 21:35   #11887
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Decided to make a start on fitting the rear sunblind, removed the old one and finally got to hoover up the piles of broken glass that was hidden behind the various trim in the back, cleaned everything up as I went. Then couldn’t get a fabric dye locally so ordered some online....after I did that I the. Decided to just swap the bits over onto my original grey shelf (I know, I know lol). Got everything trimmed and the clips and sunblind removes from their shelf and clips then bonded onto my shelf. This is now setting overnight and should get it back in the car tomorrow after work tomorrow. Will get blind itself wiped down before it’s secured in place and then it’s just getting a four hole dash piece and maybe getting the Dremel out and attach a two hole or something.
four hole switch panels for ZTs do seem particularly rare in either finish, it took me a while to find one when I fitted the rear blind to mine. I came from a breaker in Lithuania of all placed. I did wonder if you could buy rough finish grey paint at one point.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 22:26   #11888
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
four hole switch panels for ZTs do seem particularly rare in either finish, it took me a while to find one when I fitted the rear blind to mine. I came from a breaker in Lithuania of all placed. I did wonder if you could buy rough finish grey paint at one point.
Aye, was even thinking just going for a black paint finish on anything as it would fit in with the climate control ok. Will just have to take what there is I think. Not seen any four holes at all yet available.
Old 31st August 2020, 23:12   #11889
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Aye, was even thinking just going for a black paint finish on anything as it would fit in with the climate control ok. Will just have to take what there is I think. Not seen any four holes at all yet available.[/QUOTE
]

Hi Gary.
I have done that a few times in the past painted the button panel satin black so its matches the control panel, i even think i may have a four hole in the shed, i will take a look tomorrow for you

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2020, 06:16   #11890
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

[QUOTE=Arctic;2834326]
Quote:
]

Hi Gary.
I have done that a few times in the past painted the button panel satin black so its matches the control panel, i even think i may have a four hole in the shed, i will take a look tomorrow for you
Thanks Steve, that would be great if you have one. My dremeling skills are the main issue and while I reckon I could dremel to the lines it would have bits that would catch my eye and annoy me lol.