Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th September 2020, 19:42   #11931
CimmaronG
Gets stuck in

Roverless at present :-(

Changed the upper engine mount/hydramount, thanks to wuzerk for his 'how to.' Certainly a lot smoother now
Left the production line 08:07:14hrs on 01/07/2004

'Best to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it'
CimmaronG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2020, 06:53   #11932
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Covered the driveway in plastic sheeting, flashed up the compressor and dispensed an entire one litre can of Dinitrol 3125 into the sills of the connie..

Plastic takeaway cartons were strategically placed under the drain points, and any excess collected for filtering and reuse.

The entry points were the four grommets at each end of the sill, the twelve trim clip holes where the chrome sill clips attach, and through the drain holes themselves.

A rather messy, yet satisfying conclusion to many weeks of metal fabrication, welding, treatment and painting.......
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2020, 13:04   #11933
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,started up my '99 launch car and drove it out the garage for its twice monthly wake up,looking through my paperwork am stunned that it was 2 years ago when I sornd it,feeling guilty now so probably time considering selling it,only because I have two other cars and motorbikes and could do with getting my garage back and concentrating on the Sunbeam S7 bikes.Regards Ry....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2020, 13:39   #11934
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Installed new intercooler o-rings supplied by Jules, she's obviously been leaking for a while due to the crud there was, no more whistle underload and power is back.
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2020, 16:57   #11935
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

After having the driver's side sill repaired earlier this week the old car decided to repay me with thanks by blowing a headlight bulb. So today a new bulb was fitted.
Usually i dread changing them because it's hard to see what your doing and its a case of feeling your self around inside the wheel arch liner. Today though i discovered it very easy. The sun was low and the front of the car was pointed directly into it. This somehow illuminated the whole light fitment area by the sunlight shining through the headlight lens making things so much easier to do. I've also pulled all the jacking pads out and applied liberal amounts of anti corrosion fluids.. I've also sprayed some through all the drain holes making sure they are nice and clear afterwards. I also wanted to remove the chrome sill trim to get better access to the sills but I'm a bit reluctant to removing them just incase i damage them. The next job was to pin point where the exhaust was leaking from.. After much searching i found a small hole in the back box. I could not see it, but i could feel the exhaust gasses blowing on my hand. As I've spent a fair bit of money this week already i decided to use some Gum Gum sealant that i had kicking around the shed. . Its only a temporary fix and a new back box will be put on the next to do jobs in due course.
A quick polish and vacuum and it looks like a new again.
Old 12th September 2020, 19:53   #11936
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I did not do anything to the Kv6 today, just drove it to the first meet of the year at Four Ashes. Not so many turned up as usually do, but we had a good natter and a new owner turned up with a Cowley era Gold Rover 75 .
Old 12th September 2020, 19:59   #11937
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

I recently fitted a real walnut dash to my Conty SE to add some colour to the interior, but I'm not feeling it so refitted my 'carbon fibre' dash. Monochrome blandness restored
Old 12th September 2020, 20:54   #11938
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I had my ZT190 out for a run this weekend and had a bit of a set to with a Tesla Model 3. I was really pleased with the ZT. Of course the Tesla could keep up in a straight line but either couldn't match the ZT in the corners or didn't dare try.
Makes me very proud of my old car!
Old 13th September 2020, 18:00   #11939
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Today has been a day of fixing things.

First thing a new misfire, fixed with Magnecore 8mm HT leads from Brown & Gammons. Now it’s had plugs, coils and leads hopefully there will be no more of that shenanigans.

Next a coolant leak which had developed since the new turbo was fitted. Now fixed with a new T piece to turbo hose from DMGRS. Coolant bled with a fresh 50/50 mix and it’s all good.

Next lower engine mount. I was surprised how easy this was to get out and refit. Again supplied by DMGRS. Now the car doesn’t shake itself to pieces at idle with the air con running.

Lastly fresh 10/40 semi synth and a genuine MG-Rover oil filter, just because I may as well while the car was up in the air.

If the car starts to behave itself it may get treated to all new stainless engine bay fixings and a proper clean. In my three months of ownership this car has had quite an extensive list of niggles. It’s been more troublesome than any other MG-Rover I’ve had. The worst problem being when it spat out a driveshaft on my way to work.

Here’s to hoping that I’ve put right most of the faults the previous owner allowed to mount up despite the hefty pile of expensive garage bills that came with the car.
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2020, 18:17   #11940
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Washed and dried my Copperleaf, and took him for a trip over the North Yorks moors. Castleton, over Blakey Ridge, down to Hutton-le-Hole, Kirkbymoorside, then back to Teesside via Helmsley, Chop Gate,( or Chop Yat), as the villagers call it, and Stokesley.

We both enjoyed our run out.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote