Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th July 2016, 07:07   #41
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
and the abs light would be on no??
That would depend upon whether the ABS warning light was functional - There have been numerous examples of the ABS light being defeated, to get a car through an MOT. What should happen...

1. Ignition on yellow ABS light comes, then a few seconds later goes back off.
2. The ABS light should then remain off for the remainder of your journey.

If 1 or 2 does not happen, it needs to be investigated and an ABS fault could cause the cruise system not to work.

Just to make another point clear, as reading back through this thread, there seems to be some confusion...

The green LED in the cruise enable button, in the lower dash, can be enabled as soon as the engine is started. It is not dependant on speed. Only the cruise engage buttons on the steering wheel, need you to be doing >22mph before cruise can be engaged and the yellow motorway symbol lights up in the IPK to confirm it as engaged.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 27th July 2016 at 07:23..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 05:52   #42
aeon80

Rover 75 CDTI connoisseur SE, 2005 100th Edition

changed the rotary coupler - no effect, still not working

ABS is working properly

possible that the interface is defect ?
aeon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:11   #43
aeon80

Rover 75 CDTI connoisseur SE, 2005 100th Edition

any further ideas? could toaf help? (no T4 in Austria near me available )
aeon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 14:51   #44
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Today I fitted another Cruise Control Clutch Pedal switch, and hey presto....... I now have Cruise Control. Many thanks for all the help given, and a big thanks to Arctic in supply the switch.....

One happy Chappy
RugbyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:35   #45
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Just for everyone else who experiences cruise control problems, check first the specific tube connections under the bonnet and make sure it is properly attached. My connection failed, therefore my cruise control dit not work. Easy fix by reconnecting it and works fine now. 1 minute job.
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:39   #46
RugbyRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I have not been on here for a while. Just look at the switch behind the Clutch Pedal..... they move from time to time and has there is a magnet in the switch which makes the contact and if it move or drops out then the connection will be lost..... I had that problem, but easily solved it.
RugbyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:20   #47
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRover View Post
I have not been on here for a while. Just look at the switch behind the Clutch Pedal..... they move from time to time and has there is a magnet in the switch which makes the contact and if it move or drops out then the connection will be lost..... I had that problem, but easily solved it.
That is a very regular cruise control issue. It is an Hall Effect switch sensor and it often gets pushed out of range, by the clutch pedal arm. Usually, just lifting the pedal with your toe, is enough to get it to operate.

Fix is to press the pedal down, reach behind and push the sensor forward, then slowly release the pedal. It then works for a while, before needing resetting.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote