Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th July 2023, 10:29   #1
Spiret

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Bottom hose

Hi,
I’ve just noticed that I have a coolant leak from the bottom hose on my CDTi. I have sourced a new hose but I’m concerned that the metal pipe to which it attaches my be corroded. I see that there is a replacement stainless steel pipe available. Is this due to corrosion problems. Any advice appreciated.
I would have attached a photo but can’t figure out how to do that!
Spiret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2023, 11:17   #2
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiret View Post
Hi,
I’ve just noticed that I have a coolant leak from the bottom hose on my CDTi. I have sourced a new hose but I’m concerned that the metal pipe to which it attaches my be corroded. I see that there is a replacement stainless steel pipe available. Is this due to corrosion problems. Any advice appreciated.
I would have attached a photo but can’t figure out how to do that!
I've a 2004 KV6 but the coolant rail is the same (I think). Replaced mine with a X-Part SS version from Rimmers a couple of months back (because I had to, the SS job was in my stand-by stock but hey ho I just left it too long before replacement). They do corrode and it's not surprising considering where they sit all their lives and even a very small leak will cause rapid overheating and loss of pressure. When you do dismantle/replace make sure the existing rubber hoses haven't been 'swelled' and damaged where they join the old steel pipes because they corrode there too and may nor give you a 100% joint even after they have been clamped.
The two mounting brackets/press nuts on my SS replacement didn't line up fully with the cross member bracket holes so save yourself some hassle and check that out first (and correct) before you try to put the refurbished assembly back 'cos it's only a little job but a pain.

Last edited by rab60bit; 30th July 2023 at 11:23..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote