Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th June 2012, 18:03   #31
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Craig,

Having not been on I'd not seen this tread. What did you end up doing with that connector you couldn't find the other half of?

Is the video module definitely a rover one? The BMW units do not have a fan.
The connector is just sitting there unconnected to anything Jake as the other end of the connector which i believe should be on my car loom is no were to be found, we have found were there are 2 wires exactly the same as 2 of wires on the connector but we cant find any wires of the same colour as the other 2 - hence why in post 1 i asked what each wire was for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
This is the full set up Craig, make sure you have all the bits.

and attached is the colour coded circuit diagram too
yes paul i have all the bits that are in picture,

when i first bought the system i did not have the GPS antenna, the brackets or the boot trim boot seancar sorted me out with those bits and pieces .
Old 4th June 2012, 18:11   #32
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbers View Post
The connector is just sitting there unconnected to anything Jake as the other end of the connector which i believe should be on my car loom is no were to be found, we have found were there are 2 wires exactly the same as 2 of wires on the connector but we cant find any wires of the same colour as the other 2 - hence why in post 1 i asked what each wire was for.
I'd put money (not that I have any) on that being the reason. You'll find that most likely that the nav part of the system wouldn't work as that connector is looking for the abs sensor feed (green/grey) isn't connected. I'm pretty sure there is also a K-Bus wire in that connector as well which communicates with the car (trip computer information shared from the IPK for a start.)

When I was in the UK last week I had made an adapter for Dominics V8 and as a result there were some wire rounds where you have to wire the highline loom directly into the car harness. Depending on the age of loom there will be other wires in there that if not fed will cause the system not to work.

Depending on your urgency on getting this all working 100% I am flying back for the next nano and could set it all up then for you as I did Scouses from scratch in a weekend.

More than happy to answer any questions on the e-mail Craig if I can help. Alternatively you can call me.

Jake
Old 4th June 2012, 18:20   #33
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
I'd put money (not that I have any) on that being the reason. You'll find that most likely that the nav part of the system wouldn't work as that connector is looking for the abs sensor feed (green/grey) isn't connected. I'm pretty sure there is also a K-Bus wire in that connector as well which communicates with the car (trip computer information shared from the IPK for a start.)

When I was in the UK last week I had made an adapter for Dominics V8 and as a result there were some wire rounds where you have to wire the highline loom directly into the car harness. Depending on the age of loom there will be other wires in there that if not fed will cause the system not to work.

Depending on your urgency on getting this all working 100% I am flying back for the next nano and could set it all up then for you as I did Scouses from scratch in a weekend.

More than happy to answer any questions on the e-mail Craig if I can help. Alternatively you can call me.

Jake
Thanks Jake. i should say we have found the kbus wire and when the kbus wire on the sat nav loom is connected to the kbus wire on the car we get the blank screen with the white strip and TMC wrote in the white strip but when the kbus wires are not connected then there is just a blank screen.

We are sure if we could find were the green / brown wire and blue / orange wires goes we could get the unit up and working.

If you could pm me your number Jake that would be great as when the other member who is helping me comes around on wednesday evening we could possibley call you for some advice.

Thanks for all your help Jake and Reebs, and of course thanks to all the other members who have helped
Old 4th June 2012, 18:21   #34
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:

Jake
The Hi Line system will boot up ok without the ABS wire connected. Without the ABS signal the sat nav will not update when the 75 is moving, only when you stop, at traffiic lights etc.

The K Bus on the other hand will stop the system working.

Any K Bus wire in the car loom could be connected to the new sat nav loom.
Usually the best place to find a K Bus wire [white/red/yellow] is in the plug for the reversing sensors.

Dave T
Old 4th June 2012, 21:12   #35
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
The Hi Line system will boot up ok without the ABS wire connected. Without the ABS signal the sat nav will not update when the 75 is moving, only when you stop, at traffiic lights etc.

The K Bus on the other hand will stop the system working.

Any K Bus wire in the car loom could be connected to the new sat nav loom.
Usually the best place to find a K Bus wire [white/red/yellow] is in the plug for the reversing sensors.

Dave T
finding the kbus wire was not a problem but when the kbus wire connected all we get is the white strip with tmc wrote in it at the bottom of the screen and nothing else works.
Closed Thread