Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st August 2014, 21:49   #21
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Thing is, I reckon the current firmware pretty much makes use of all available memory registers, bytes, and everything, so adding new features is pretty much unlikely. Adding features for our cars, if possible, would mean having a dedicated software branch and remove all unnecessary BMW features. While it may be technically feasible, I doubt RichardP would have the time and will to do so for what is, essentially, a much smaller user community than the BMW one. How many R75 owners use an Intravee? Certainly not that many.

But we can always ask him :-)

I'm fairly new to this unit and Learning all the time. I am no way a software/firmware proficient operator or engineer so these things are above my understanding or ability. I expect your right a very limited audience with minimal benefit to spend many hours of development time to produce.

Suppose if we start a thread and see what members feeling are on the intravee and find the common areas we use and maybe some minor frustrations we can gauge interest. If we don't ask the question we will never know the answer.

Maybe that's the way we can start a new thread gauge who is using them on our cars and what function we can use, people may have it but not know what's fully available.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:37   #22
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

I had a brief look at the manual tonight and there is reference to the 'indicator fog' which utilises the fog lamps as an additional indicator under 40 kph. Found this doesn't work with E46 variants and just illuminates both the fog lights on which mine is doing. I don't recall making any changes to that function so maybe a default, I will look at switching it off at weekend as working away this week.
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:38   #23
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
I had a brief look at the manual tonight and there is reference to the 'indicator fog' which utilises the fog lamps as an additional indicator under 40 kph. Found this doesn't work with E46 variants and just illuminates both the fog lights on which mine is doing. I don't recall making any changes to that function so maybe a default, I will look at switching it off at weekend as working away this week.
I can confirm btw, as I tested it out this morning, that I don't have this issue with fog lights turning on when using the indicators. So in your case it most certainly has to do with this option which you might have activated, not knowing what it does
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:48   #24
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
I can confirm btw, as I tested it out this morning, that I don't have this issue with fog lights turning on when using the indicators. So in your case it most certainly has to do with this option which you might have activated, not knowing what it does

It only happens when you have dip beam on not when they are off.
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:28   #25
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Shed View Post
It only happens when you have dip beam on not when they are off.
I tested with dip beam on ;-)
Old 5th September 2014, 15:09   #26
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

After reading up on the manual this week just got home and found the option for the 'Indicator fog' had been selected, I expect accidentally during my initial set up doh!

Anyway deselected and works fine.

Now to play with other options, now have engine temp displayed in 'short field' within the 'Headers' options.
Old 5th September 2014, 22:48   #27
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I currently have E46 selected and have the front fogs selected as DRL's, the LED's over the headlights are also connected into the fogs. Other things I would like are the powerfold mirrors to unfold on unlock and the central locking to unlock on ignition off. I know the mirror option would need the main switch to be on the K-bus, was it ever a prospect that needs additional items on the switch pcb?

I like the idea of a sticky Intravee thread.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 22:51   #28
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I'm also going to be looking at the engine temp in headers tomorrow, thanks for the pointer, can you tell I have a 1.8?
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 07:34   #29
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff130 View Post
I'm also going to be looking at the engine temp in headers tomorrow, thanks for the pointer, can you tell I have a 1.8?

Hi Geoff130,

I set my engine temp to work in the top r/h short header 'field 4' as wasn't being used for anything else. If you have a 1.8 you may want to put it in the main 'Field 0' lol.

I note there is an alarm for over temperature, I don't know if this works yet but will play later.
Old 6th September 2014, 07:42   #30
Mr_Shed
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

I have also set my 'flash to pass' to include fog lights.