Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th April 2011, 13:43   #11
v79fcl
Banned

Rover 75 Saloon

Can you not unplug the aerial lead off the standard aerial pickup on the passanger side rear. The socket at the base should be the same for the better diversty one. Dont know if it will work or what the quality would be like. But worth a try and then no soldering etc.
v79fcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 13:57   #12
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Your first picture shows the BMW radio connector, just disconnect the plug in the second picture and plug in your Hi Line system.

Have a read of this

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t+line+sat+nav

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...7&postcount=13

Dave T
That's excellent Dave tells me all I need to know.
V79FCL
Don't take this the wrong way bit I didn't buy the unit on a whim and did some research first. As far as I know I have everything I need. All units, wiring loom, all aerials even down to the screws/bolts. I needed to be sure about connecting everything before I put it all in. All of the threads I have looked at have given enough info now to complete the task when I start it soon.
2004 Monogram Poseidon MGZT cdti
2004 Pearl Black MGZT 260

Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th April 2011 at 14:06..
Jeff Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 16:00   #13
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
Can just plug this in without the removal of the original connections to the screen?
Just an idea with the radio aerial, can I just lengthen the connected wires and move the unit to the other pillar or would all the connections being on the same side effect the TV aerial reception?
Old 25th April 2011, 16:10   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v79fcl View Post
Can you not unplug the aerial lead off the standard aerial pickup on the passanger side rear. The socket at the base should be the same for the better diversty one. Dont know if it will work or what the quality would be like. But worth a try and then no soldering etc.
My Mk II originally fitted with the full Hi-line kit and full HK system, used (uses) a none diversity antenna. The Hi-line radio in the boot had an output to feed the diversity type antenna, to provide the feedback to the amp to switch in the better of the two antennas. Obviously the radio will work with twin diversity, or just the single antenna system.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 16:12   #15
v79fcl
Banned

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Just an idea with the radio aerial, can I just lengthen the connected wires and move the unit to the other pillar or would all the connections being on the same side effect the TV aerial reception?
I would try your standard one first and see what the reception is like. I seem to remember they worked ok.

Also you could use the other side as in abit you will need a digital tuner with the digital switch over and I found the in built screen aerial rubbish unless it was with the BMW hybrid tuner.

So I just bought a window stick on one for mine and a 12V freeview tuner and AV in lead.

After all you dont want to de-solder the good aerial connection you have now to fit the diversity one and find the connections are not as strong or as good. I would try it and see first before braking out the soldering iron.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:13   #16
v79fcl
Banned

Rover 75 Saloon

Harry has answered it perfect above. Just go with the standard one you have now.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:14   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
You can increase the length of the coax, but I would not alter the length of the single wires to the actual antennas - they will be a tuned length.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 16:17   #18
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Ok thanks guys
Old 25th April 2011, 16:22   #19
Jeff Turbo
Loves to post

MGZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by v79fcl View Post
So I just bought a window stick on one for mine and a 12V freeview tuner and AV in lead.

After all you dont want to de-solder the good aerial connection you have now to fit the diversity one and find the connections are not as strong or as good. I would try it and see first before braking out the soldering iron.
Can I ask which one you used v and do you get good reception?
Old 25th April 2011, 16:31   #20
v79fcl
Banned

Rover 75 Saloon

Indeed you can,

Bought this aerial and works a treat, bought the one with a F connector on as I have adapters that screw onto the end to make them normal aerial connections.

I bought this one as its the exact same one I have on my caravan but I bought it for radio use on the van but tested it and it worked better then the STATUS one fitted on the roof of it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Freeview-D...item27ba5ae2a4

The Freeview box I bought was this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But others have used this one and I rekon its better and must easier to hid away then mine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-freeview-u...item27ba58a6ca