Old 7th January 2013, 12:23   #7
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
What a view Phil. I am envious.
Thanks Paul I am lucky to have been able to have been surrounded by so much space and beauty. I did a selection of sunsets over looking the sea to Cape Point also from the house and have not had the time yet to post them up. As you know we lost the house and the land on the mountain to a wild fire in April 2011, now rebuilt and finished it in December. We also had to repair and make new roads, do the fire breaks and dug in 2 km of irrigation pipes around the farm and around the mountain. Tenants moved in a few days ago and they signed an 18 month contract. We will see how that goes. We have another farm house to do up as it will fall down it we leave it any longer. The roof is leaking in several places, a pine tree has cut into the foundations and some of the walls are cracked with mould. So I am still going to and fro from ZA to Kenya and the UK. We are having a break at our place on the outskirts of Nairobi and getting ready to go on a camping trip up north to Mount Kenya and further afield into the bush on Wed. I will be taking my cameras with me. It will be a bumpy ride and I have already had one tripod which was not man enough and fell apart. I would like to know of a tough tripod which is tough and swivels ever so smooth on its axis? Life is full of challenges and I do count my blessings seeing the wildlife and countryside in Africa through the lens so to speak. Just as well I am retired
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote