Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2020, 12:52   #156251
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I have been waiting for months for cataract surgery on my tight eye,it’s a complete blur now I can make out the outline of things close to,but if I close my good eye,I couldn’t see who was in front of me unless I knew before. As a result of this I find driving at night and dusk really difficult because vehicle headlights are so bright nowadays,Also indoor lights really bother me too,I have had this condition since I was a kid soI bought some pre tinted reactolite glasses for indoor use and driving. Indoors and at night or cloudy days ,they are lightly shaded, on brighter days they darken to suit the amount of UV light outside.I must say I’m quite pleased with them as I can now go into shops and the bank without having to wear the really dark sunglasses I was using before,and driving at night is not such a problem now as the worst of the dazzling glare is taken away by the new glasses.
Old 18th December 2020, 13:55   #156252
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, What a miserable dark wet rainy day, Got me haircut this morning & shifted everything out of the kitchen for the vinyl floor layer guy, He was booked for Friday am...... Still no show We've been waiting since the end of October when we had the pipe burst in the kitchen to get this job sorted out.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2020, 14:15   #156253
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
So pooped along to a mate’s .
Was it a 5hitty journey mate?
Old 18th December 2020, 14:23   #156254
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Nobody more frustrating than tradesmen! Neighbours recommended a gas engineer for our boiler after the hot water packed in, got him out, he said the problem was exactly what my internet search pointed to, flow meter. Waited ages for him to come back, replaced the flow meter. He'd been away a couple of hours, went to wash a pan, water initially hot then ran cold. I suspect he'd been caught out by the "comfort setting" on the boiler that keeps an amount of hot water in the system until the demand water heater kicks in. Sent him a message, heard nothing, bill arrived by email. Replied to the email, got a call from the girl in his office, engineer was recovering from covid! He came back a couple of days ago, suspected the leak in the flow meter had affected the electrical connection on it, thought he may have one of these boilers lying around the workshop and would nick the connector off it. Heard nothing since . . . . back in limbo again! Least we've got heating, kettle in the kitchen and hot water from the shower in the bathroom. I'm sorely tempted to have a look at this connector myself!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2020, 14:36   #156255
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Was it a 5hitty journey mate?
It was yeah, as the text predicted.
Old 18th December 2020, 15:22   #156256
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It was yeah, as the text predicted.
When I was a supervisor we had a local manager, Angus McLeod. Had to be very careful with emails or making entries in the computerised daily log, system would autocorrect Angus to A n u s

T4 Location Map
Old 18th December 2020, 16:00   #156257
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Nobody more frustrating than tradesmen! Neighbours recommended a gas engineer for our boiler after the hot water packed in, got him out, he said the problem was exactly what my internet search pointed to, flow meter. Waited ages for him to come back, replaced the flow meter. He'd been away a couple of hours, went to wash a pan, water initially hot then ran cold. I suspect he'd been caught out by the "comfort setting" on the boiler that keeps an amount of hot water in the system until the demand water heater kicks in. Sent him a message, heard nothing, bill arrived by email. Replied to the email, got a call from the girl in his office, engineer was recovering from covid! He came back a couple of days ago, suspected the leak in the flow meter had affected the electrical connection on it, thought he may have one of these boilers lying around the workshop and would nick the connector off it. Heard nothing since . . . . back in limbo again! Least we've got heating, kettle in the kitchen and hot water from the shower in the bathroom. I'm sorely tempted to have a look at this connector myself!

He turned up 5 minutes after I'd posted that comment, Jobs done & missus is happy again

I'm up Tees yard shunting rolls of steel on a Class 08 Gronk.

Old 18th December 2020, 16:13   #156258
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I'm up Tees yard shunting rolls of steel on a Class 08 Gronk.
Used to try to "wheely" them with no wagons on With an 08 (or 09) you have to move the power controller to the "on" position to close the power contactors but if you whipped the controller open quick enough the engine would rev without the contactors closing. You then moved the power controller back to the "on" position, you'd get full power in one huge surge and it would leap about six feet

T4 Location Map
Old 18th December 2020, 16:18   #156259
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Used to try to "wheely" them with no wagons on With an 08 (or 09) you have to move the power controller to the "on" position to close the power contactors but if you whipped the controller open quick enough the engine would rev without the contactors closing. You then moved the power controller back to the "on" position, you'd get full power in one huge surge and it would leap about six feet

LOL Vandal. You have to set the points in Tees yard yourself, Apparently I don't me right from me left I've been up that many wrong sidings this afternoon & had to reverse back to where I thought I went wrong but ended up way off again lol.

Old 18th December 2020, 16:50   #156260
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL Vandal.
When you are shunting wagons around a yard at 5mph you have to do something to entertain yourself!

T4 Location Map