Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2020, 15:53   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Shutting the yard for a while due to courier issue (coronavirus)

I am currently stopping supplying parts as I had shut the yard for a period of time due to coronavirus, our courier is off in self isolation and no orders are being sent out due to this, I thought it best to announce this here as it’s easy for everyone to see.
I’ll still be paying my traders fees until I’m back up and running as I think it’s only fair that I support the club as it has supported me, I’ll also be posting any advice I can offer as per usual stay safe everyone.

Many thanks for your understanding everyone
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 16:11   #2
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

stay safe yourself Mick
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 16:41   #3
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Got your pm , no problem.

Stay safe

Stan
Old 24th March 2020, 17:42   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

To be expected Mick, take care and we will see you on the other side of this issue.
Old 24th March 2020, 20:58   #5
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Got to look after yourself first Mick. Hopefully it'll be over by August.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 20:59   #6
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

You guys all stay safe.This thing will pass eventually.
Lets just hope the cure is not worse than the disease !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:01   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Mick I hope I have not misunderstood but I normally do and for a moment I'm ignoring Government advice to stay home.

Hermes have added or started contactless drop off lockers, could they be used if in your area?
On the understanding parts cannot be posted, could customers still order and pay, you wrap and stack and post when its all clear? You still have a "wage" coming in to see you through.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:30   #8
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Mick I hope I have not misunderstood but I normally do and for a moment I'm ignoring Government advice to stay home.

Hermes have added or started contactless drop off lockers, could they be used if in your area?
On the understanding parts cannot be posted, could customers still order and pay, you wrap and stack and post when its all clear? You still have a "wage" coming in to see you through.

macafee2
Yes I can still take orders but I feel that with no clear date that we will be back to normal it simply wouldn’t be fair to take orders and money from customers who I can’t guarantee a delivery date, money is not my biggest problem, I’m fortunate that I have been lucky enough to save for this “rainy day” I feel for those who are going to really suffer from this all over the world.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:49   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Yes I can still take orders but I feel that with no clear date that we will be back to normal it simply wouldn’t be fair to take orders and money from customers who I can’t guarantee a delivery date, money is not my biggest problem, I’m fortunate that I have been lucky enough to save for this “rainy day” I feel for those who are going to really suffer from this all over the world.
Mick
I'm currently mothballing various of my customer's plants, and will hopefully be finished before the end of the week.

I'm also helping an old friend who's business established by his father in 1968, which is on the brink of collapse, to mothball his estate of machines.

My own work has seen me through seventeen years of self employment, and for the foreseeable future like many others I will be without an income.

It's all relative though, whatever it takes to mitigate the effect this disease has on the population will be worth it, and like Mick I've made provision for rainy days, let's hope it's not a monsoon though.

The main thing is to stay safe, look out for others, and help where you can.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 22:02   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Mick, Brian, alas not enough people have provided for a rainy day let alone those that have never been able to afford to put away.
For my wife and I the decisions we made a bit over 40 years ago have played a part in us providing for a rainy day today. My daughter in early 20's started planning for the future, my son late 20's still has not and I worry for him.

Will those that struggle these next few months ever be able to save and if they do get in that position, will they?

Mick I hope you don't think I was having a go at you, I was trying to be helpful and maintain a cash flow for you

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote