Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2007, 20:26   #11
John Robins
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up

Jaffo if you are going to Haynes as Keith says you're most welcome to try my "old" unit .
John Robins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 21:00   #12
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo View Post
keith,thanks.i'm going to give it a thorough check over this weekend and see what i can see.if i cant find any problems ill have to get another.i assume my comp is a mk 4 as its one of the very last facelift models.whats the difference with the mk 3?..the mk 4 seems pretty basic!
Rover never fitted the Mk4
You should find the Rover part number is YIB000260 or something like that

Last edited by Keith; 10th March 2007 at 17:22.. Reason: Spellings
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 23:23   #13
JMPB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Got your PM but been busy this week earning a crust

I will also be putting a standard Rover MK3 on Ebay this weekend on behalf of the guy I got my high line system for my V8 from I didn't need his unit as I had a spare BMW one
Keith, PM me how much he wants for the Mk3 unit as I am in the market for one. We could save the ebay /paypal commission......John
JMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 11:10   #14
jaffo
Avid contributor

freelander td4sport and mg tf 135

hold on jmpb,this is my thread!...i might be needing that comp myself you cheeky monkey!
keith,ive checked in the boot,no damp or obvious signs of loose wiring etc.same goes for behind the comp.presume therefore its broken and need a new one.
can you paste the e.bay link on here for the computer please for bidding...thanks.
jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 11:59   #15
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Sorry I have not Responded just been so Busy away at work this week.
Difference between Mk3 & MK4 is that the MK4 is a DVD unit with more options, normally obtained from a BMW E46 model. MK3 is CD unit that & MK2 are the standard fit to Rover 75 / MG ZT & Tourers.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 17:35   #16
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPB View Post
Keith, PM me how much he wants for the Mk3 unit as I am in the market for one. We could save the ebay /paypal commission......John
I forget yours was still up the creek

Quote:
hold on jmpb,this is my thread!...i might be needing that comp myself you cheeky monkey!
keith,ive checked in the boot,no damp or obvious signs of loose wiring etc.same goes for behind the comp.presume therefore its broken and need a new one.
can you paste the e.bay link on here for the computer please for bidding...thanks.
Jaffo FYI I have been trying to sort out his duff unit for sometime so would have given him first refusal if it was mine to sell

Reason I am going to put it on Ebay was to keep it all transparent to the owner as he will then know it sold for X minus P&P and charges so I will just be sending him the difference, it is the fairest thing I can do as I didn't pay him a great deal for the bits I did buy off him

I will post a link in the for sale thread

Main reason for sticking a few items on Ebay this weekend is to also use it as advertising for the club and the meet next weekend
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 20:30   #17
JMPB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:

Sorry Jaffo, no offence or hijack intended! I was just that I was on the bounce after the trying for a number of weeks to get a replacement for my failed mk3 unit. I had received a replacement MK3 that morning (aquired via e via Ebay) only tof find out that it was in fact goosed as well........ Be my guest with Keith, I will continue to source one from elsewhere.............John
JMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 11:22   #18
jaffo
Avid contributor

jmpb,no probs...probably the best thing is to do our bidding on e.bay as per keiths reply.what went wrong with yours?....im almost tempted to just buy a tom tom and do away with the stress!...cheers richard
Old 11th March 2007, 11:25   #19
jaffo
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robins View Post
Jaffo if you are going to Haynes as Keith says you're most welcome to try my "old" unit .
thanks john,but unfortunately due to work,i cant make it....its a shame because unless i try it with a unit i know works ill be wondering if that indeed is the problem!...any kind soul live anywhere near stafford?????
Old 11th March 2007, 16:09   #20
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

North Wales is not to far!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote