Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd November 2016, 11:30   #11
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Years ago, EBC were cack - TBH. Their Greenstuff pads and Redstuff pads were the main culprits; they changed the 'ingredients' and all was right after that!

I've had both Redstuff and Yellowstuff pads on all previous cars over the last 4-5 years, they're very good IMO and I'd personally go with Yellowstuff. Great for braking and leave less dust than Redstuff.

These pads work the best with grooved discs IMO, either standard grooves or the new C Hook style etc... Mtec do both and they just work very well with each other! That and braided lines and with decent fluid throughout (Motul RBF600, ATF Blue etc)

Also, they DO NOT need to be warm before they work, they bite very well from cold. Only the Bluestuff 'track' pads need to be warmed. Ignore the naysayers that they don't work from cold..

I'll only use HEL braided lines as well; I've never had issues with them and they use stainless fittings on ALL their lines. Goodridge, however, I've had a few issues with and they use zinc coated fittings on their lines, you can get stainless, but they charge too much! I've had them split on me also, came apart at the connections... Not good!

Last edited by JoeMc; 24th November 2016 at 08:11..
JoeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:21   #12
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMc View Post
I'll only use HEL braided lines as well; I've never had issues with them and they use stainless fittings on ALL their lines. Goodridge, however, I've had a few issues with and they use zinc coated fittings on their lines, you can get stainless, but they charge too much! I've had them split on me also, came apart at the connections... Not good!
Goodridge stainless ones are usually about a fiver extra. Same price as HEL on balance.

Managed to find Goodridge braided hoses on EuroCarParts of all places for my new car - bought them with the 30% off and they were miles cheaper than anyone else.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:52   #13
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Goodridge stainless ones are usually about a fiver extra. Same price as HEL on balance.

Managed to find Goodridge braided hoses on EuroCarParts of all places for my new car - bought them with the 30% off and they were miles cheaper than anyone else.
Are you definite that they were stainless fittings?! Usually, their stainless braided but with zinc coated fittings. Therein lies the issue!
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:32   #14
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Are you definite that they were stainless fittings?! Usually, their stainless braided but with zinc coated fittings. Therein lies the issue!
http://goodridge.brakes-hoses-fittin...-vs-plated.php - looks like the hoses are always stainless, but they do a version with stainless fittings also.
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:38   #15
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post

Have you reference number for ECP Goodridge braided hoses for our cars ?
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 08:13   #16
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

£127 for Goodridge hoses with stainless fittings, £105 for without

HEL are £79 with stainless fittings!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEL-Braide...UAAOSwLpdW-mHk
Old 24th November 2016, 11:04   #17
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
Have you reference number for ECP Goodridge braided hoses for our cars ?
I dont - the ones I bought recently were for my new car (Renault Megane).

For the ZT though - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=122398

SRV0751-4P is the Goodridge code for zinc ones - I would assume SRV0751-4C is the one for stainless based on their usual part numbers.

Depressingly they are still selling the SMG1500 ones being listed as for our cars... when they aren't (they have Banjo bolts).

Perhaps you could email Eurocarparts / CarParts4Less and ask?
Quote:
£127 for Goodridge hoses with stainless fittings, £105 for without

HEL are £79 with stainless fittings!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEL-Braide...UAAOSwLpdW-mHk
I paid about £50 for the Goodridges for my ZT (got a discount as I supplied a pattern and they custom made them) and paid about £55 for the ones for my new car. Unfortunately I have to admit defeat on this as I can't find the Goodridge zinc for less than £75 or best offer and can't find the Goodridge stainless at all.

I also see some of the HEL lines on eBay include banjo bolts (!).
Old 24th November 2016, 13:10   #18
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

The ones I've linked to are the right ones; that seller knows what he's doing as I've bought other sets from him for previous ZTs and BMW's etc