Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th December 2016, 16:39   #11
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I had a camera on my saloon, bought it from Sean Radioguy via Claiton electronics( Jeff). It's designed specifically for our cars ,has a clear mounting plate that replaces the number plate lamp lens.. fitted it to the tourer too, only thing is you will need to drill the bodywork behind the boot plinth,to allow the cable to go through. To hard wire it, run the cable through the headlining for tourer, or under carpet for the saloon. I use an interior mirror monitor, it is a mirror when travelling forwards, and a monitor once revers is selected.
Thnakd for this info, a lot to take in. Planned to fit an original Hiline satnav for originality but might rethink and go the Navell way. Postpone til next year I think but hopefully meet other members at meets to further discuss options.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 22:18   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Read your post, it's no 4 in the list but cannot how to find any more specific information . I'm not good with working forums so guess I'm missing something.

Have in the past seen other's jobs with small cameras mounted in the no plate shrould, and there is also an interesting long pdf re a navel instalation, but I don't think that wasfrom you. any advise gratesfully received. pm me if you think that would help
Hi there.

Did you click on to your OWN forum name ???

If you do a list appears.

One of the items says -----Find more posts by p2roverman.

Click on that and you will find all of YOUR posts and REPLIES to them.

Merry Xmas.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 23:02   #13
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Hi there.

Did you click on to your OWN forum name ???

If you do a list appears.

One of the items says -----Find more posts by p2roverman.

Click on that and you will find all of YOUR posts and REPLIES to them.

Merry Xmas.----
Thnaks - I've sorted out how to do this now. It's an age thing I quess
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 12:31   #14
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Thnakd for this info, a lot to take in. Planned to fit an original Hiline satnav for originality but might rethink and go the Navell way. Postpone til next year I think but hopefully meet other members at meets to further discuss options.
Have you been on here: ?
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=27
Also use this search rather than the forum search which is fairly useless:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=64
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 21:16   #15
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Despite the detectors in the rear bumper I suceeded in backing into a bit of protruding steel post and broke a rear lens (fortunately bought a new loight on ebay) but wondering what the options are of fitting a reversing camera to the rear of the car (I've both tourer and saloon so all options would be of interest).
I know others have done this but trying to find appropriate links through the forum is not easy. Currently no satnav is fitted but I intend to fit either an original set up or a modern (Navell?) unit, or could a dash cam be configured to work in more than one mode?
I'm open to any suggestions, but I don't want to disfigure the car. I have the only 2,5 Club SE tourer in Arden green which I'd like to look after and a very low milage Connie 2 litre saloon, both of which I'd be happy to upgrade but not ruin in the process. Not so worried about my daily driver KV6 tourer or spare KV6 connie saloon, though both these are in good working order and are in regular use.
Open to any sugestions of neat and practicalable arrangeemnts. I might add that although I'm not an expert on electronic, 50 years work on other Rover models would hopefully make the job prety straightforward for me. Looking forward to comments

Moderators - please move to a more appropriate location if deemed necessary but PLEASE tell me where you've moved it to other wise I'll never find all the wonderful coments!
Thanks to DorsetBob, I found you can buy a very good quality chrome camera with a metal casing that really suits these cars.

This is the one I chose, its the one on the left in this photo HERE...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 21:40   #16
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren 24 View Post
Have you thought about one of these best of both car dvr and a reversing camera as well
Rexing X80 5 Inch TFT LCD Dual Lens 32GB Memory Card Rear View Mirror Car Camera

ebay link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rexing-X80...EAAOSw~oFXIgAq

When you connect the wire for the rear camera to the reversing light, engage reverse it shows on the Mirror.
I had one of those fitted - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMsw6nl3xM - I thought it was pretty decent. Obviously you lose the auto dimming mirror, but the monitor mirrors are half way between a dimmed and not anyway so no real issue.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote