Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th March 2017, 21:05   #1
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default One for the T4 guy's

After enthusing about the 160 re-map and how good it was I had the following reply.

Oh don't tout such a rubbish remap John 😂😂. The 160 map has been proven twice on a dyno to get 128bhp (less than they produced as standard) and 134bhp. I can offer a diesel remap that actually provides a notable increase in performance... 154.3bhp and 440nm torque... that's 48% more torque than the 135bhp x power map made as standard. 😎

Any T4 guys wish to comment.

I know my car goes better since the 160 so I dont see how it can be less as said above

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 21:15   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Waits,for the furore to begin.. I don't care who or what the man who did my 160 tune knows these cars inside out, back to front and upside down. The same with hois T4 and I will believe ONLY him and his T4 operating colleagues on here. He is the only man who plugs any machine into my car.
Old 9th March 2017, 21:21   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Waits,for the furore to begin.. I don't care who or what the man who did my 160 tune knows these cars inside out, back to front and upside down. The same with hois T4 and I will believe ONLY him and his T4 operating colleagues on here. He is the only man who plugs any machine into my car.

I agree with you, and only one Guru on here has worked on my car.I was just interested in their comment's on the remarks above.

Old 9th March 2017, 21:28   #4
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

All the 160 maps have been independently tested more than once on various Dynos around the country and found to give at least 160bhp.

A hundred things can affect the figures obtained on a Dyno, how it's set up, air and engine temperature, condition of the engine and ancillary components the list goes on and on If you try the same car on a different day you'll get a totally different figure.

Will post up a very useful article written by IIRC dyno builders themselves when I get on my main computer, basically what it says is the main thing is that if any map improves the performance and drivability of the car is a good thing and that the reliance on depending on Dyno figures is pointless

What I will say is how the heck can the 160 remap give 128 bhp with all the feedback we've had on improvements in performance on 135ps cars?
I think this is just an attempt to promote somebody else's tune by trying to discredit ours. I think hundreds of happy customers comments and recommendations speaks for itself.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 21:30   #5
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Any car remapped or otherwise will only put out as much power as all the components together will allow.

A poorly serviced car with unserviceable components will only put out a percentage of what the engine is capable of.

That aside, off to make some popcorn.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 21:39   #6
Number 6
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
All the 160 maps have been independently tested more than once on various Dynos around the country and found to give at least 160bhp.

A hundred things can affect the figures obtained on a Dyno, how it's set up, air and engine temperature, condition of the engine and ancillary components the list goes on and on If you try the same car on a different day you'll get a totally different figure.

Will post up a very useful article written by IIRC dyno builders themselves when I get on my main computer, basically what it says is the main thing is that if any map improves the performance and drivability of the car is a good thing and that the reliance on depending on Dyno figures is pointless

What I will say is how the heck can the 160 remap give 128 bhp with all the feedback we've had on improvements in performance on 135ps cars?
I think this is just an attempt to promote somebody else's tune by trying to discredit ours. I think hundreds of happy customers comments and recommendations speaks for itself.

Russ
Russ I am in total agreement with you I know my car goes better with the 160 which was upgraded from the 135 which in turn was upgraded from the standard 115.So I have had all three and the 160 is by far the best,

Also I wonder if this "Alternative" re-map gives the amount of power as suggested what would the reliability be of all the ancilleries. HP pump etc.

I for one would not like to take the risk.

Old 9th March 2017, 21:41   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Any car remapped or otherwise will only put out as much power as all the components together will allow.

A poorly serviced car with unserviceable components will only put out a percentage of what the engine is capable of.

That aside, off to make some popcorn.
Added to which, even straight from the factory cars will have slight tolerance variations. A proportion of those cars will have the best tolerances, another car might have been built with all of the worst manufacturing tolerances robbing it of power. All will be in spec..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 21:50   #8
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Here you go here's the links I didn't have access to before
http://www.revotechnik.com/support/t...oads-explained
and
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-lying-feature

Makes interesting reading

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 21:50   #9
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Lots of claims are made, but they are never backed up.

You can see some actual evidence of what produces what power here - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=95326
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 22:38   #10
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Added to which, even straight from the factory cars will have slight tolerance variations. A proportion of those cars will have the best tolerances, another car might have been built with all of the worst manufacturing tolerances robbing it of power. All will be in spec..
I late friend of mine, a ex F1 driver in the 60's, got an assignment with a VW team rebuilding their motors. It was one of the formulas that did not allow any modifications except tyres and other safety equipment.

He would strip the engine and rebuild with standard parts, using factory specs. Basically checking the torque settings. 5 to 15% increase in power was not unusual in some case. Some would refer to this as blueprinting I suppose.

he even got a few Harley 10/12's to idle. although a bit more work was required there......
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote