Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th April 2018, 21:18   #11
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtranter View Post
The main issue is the fuel pump, prior to breaking down i had a small fuel leak on the return side. But when overtaking the engine management light came on and lost power. I pulled into a layby the car stalled and wouldn't restart. I can't get the car to my mechanic so i dont know if anything else is wrong and instead of messing about trying to sort out the car without knowing whats being done will fix it or how long its going to take to fix i have to very regrettably look for an alternative as i need a car for work.
As you said buying a high mileage car can be problamatic and counter productive i am trying hard to think which way to go, and if i could find a 190 ztt with the same or better spec than mine i would have to consider it.
You need a temporary car. Buy whatever is the most popular thing that young people like and can afford. Get it as cheap as you can so a poor student can afford to buy it from you after you have your ZT-T sorted out. You may even get your money back for the temporary car.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 08:04   #12
Drummer Boy
Regular poster

ZT-T

That sounds like good advice.

If you fancy it, DMGRS does a kit to refurbish the HP fuel pump. I'm not sure how difficult a job it is but might be worth looking into.
Drummer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 14:47   #13
kmtranter
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Thanks i noticed that but as i haven't got the tools or know how to do the job, ie removing and putting in refurbed pump, i won't be doing it, but if it for removing the pump i would have been tempted.
kmtranter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 14:57   #14
hpold
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
The main issue is the fuel pump, prior to breaking down i had a small fuel leak on the return side. But when overtaking the engine management light came on and lost power. I pulled into a layby the car stalled and wouldn't restart. I can't get the car to my mechanic so i dont know if anything else is wrong and instead of messing about trying to sort out the car without knowing whats being done will fix it or how long its going to take to fix i have to very regrettably look for an alternative as i need a car for work.
As you said buying a high mileage car can be problamatic and counter productive i am trying hard to think which way to go, and if i could find a 190 ztt with the same or better spec than mine i would have to consider it.
Book a service with Trikey had mine done no problem cheaper than buying another you know nothing about .
hpold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 15:03   #15
kmtranter
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpold View Post
Book a service with Trikey had mine done no problem cheaper than buying another you know nothing about .
The problem with booking it in to trikey is the car of the road and will need to be trailered where ever it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15th April 2018, 16:15   #16
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

"bmw 5 series sports tourer" is a bit vague.

What engine?
What model? E39 / E61 / F11?
What transmission?
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 18:20   #17
kmtranter
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

I haven't decided on which engine, i would prefer a timing chain instead of timing belt, but am just looking for general advice.
Old 15th April 2018, 21:31   #18
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
High pressure fuel pump needs replacing to get the car going, on top will need to replace brake pads as light is on, followed by an abs sensor and finally windscreen washer to be done before mot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Are you sure it is the HP pump that needs replacing?? what are the symptoms ?

Sorry just read the full thread.........It could still be something simple like the regulator on the back of the HP pump......

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"

Last edited by Number 6; 15th April 2018 at 21:34..
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 22:20   #19
kmtranter
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Prior to breaking down i had a slight leak which was checked by the mechanic i use who said the leak is on the return side so already know the pump needs changing. As the car is currently at home and i dont have the knowledge or experience in looking at this further i have to go by the experience and knowledge my mechanic has on mg / rover cars. The car will only start if easy start is sprayed in, and if i remember correctly when the rac stopped spraying easy start the engine struggled and then stalled.