Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2018, 19:25   #31
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Personally, I think the forum should be a £10 subscription before entry thing.

What's £10 these days, if the £10 paid, answers one technical question then its money well spent.

The funds could be used to get some 'unobtainium' parts remade, much like the triumph an MG Owners clubs do.
I don't normally get involved in these discussions, but the main problem would be the club is charging the £10, but the members are providing the value.
Old 26th August 2018, 19:27   #32
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
I don't normally get involved in these discussions, but the main problem would be the club is charging the £10, but the members are providing the value.
Brilliantly put
Old 26th August 2018, 19:31   #33
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
I don't think anyone would mind if the funds went back into producing spares and improvements to current parts.
Old 26th August 2018, 19:35   #34
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
Agree entirely .I just cannot see what we get from "club" owners for our money .All the assistance we get is from fellow members and traders such as yourself.So where does the money go .If it is a "club "We as members should know
Brave post... others have been banned for asking the same!
Old 26th August 2018, 19:38   #35
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

It's always been like that, hence the title, owners club, or owner's club
Old 26th August 2018, 19:41   #36
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I have struggled with this one in the past myself. (as well as some traders paying for the privilege for dishing out top class advice - and free moderation).

I think it is about perception, changing it helped me appreciate it a little more. It is a business and not a club, for profit or not makes no odds. It was set up I believe to 'keep everyone together' and maintain a knowledge base. That is all it is. I am sure there are decent profits to be had (although I truly dont believe that is the desire). I also believe it could become a full time job, if the owner was to let it. It exists to pay for itself, with a little profit set aside to pay for essential upgrades/costs. The excess profit given to charity which is a good thing, although I think it fair if three charity options were suggested and the paying subscribers (only) given the option to vote on which one received the donation - but that is an argument that has been done to death, and led to various bannings and walkouts).

I would imagine to gain the ability of re manufactured unobtainable parts, would increase costs to ridiculous levels, not to mention the running costs of such a store. At that stage, I would suggest some form of amalgamation to the MG club.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 26th August 2018, 19:49   #37
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

LINK
Old 26th August 2018, 20:01   #38
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Thanks Brian, just shared the link on Facebook
Old 26th August 2018, 20:25   #39
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Personally, I think the forum should be a £10 subscription before entry thing.

What's £10 these days, if the £10 paid, answers one technical question then its money well spent.

That is how I came to join the Club. I bought a diesel 75 which did not get up to temperature. Goggled the problem, found the Club and the in line thermostat solution. Paid my £10 as it had saved me many £££s.
Since then the forum has kept my car on the road.
Old 26th August 2018, 20:33   #40
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
I said it wouldn't be my main source of income. I didn't say I would charge. If people offer a drink or say a tenner or something for doing it then I wouldn't say no. So if I said I wouldn't charge but someone offered me some money would I be expected to say no?
To me this implies you would charge but have another source of income that generates more money.

I don't want to put you off but as soon as you charge for a service then perhaps it is fair to pay a traders fee, no idea how much that is. It is a shame if you were willing to T4 for free but are being asked to pay traders fees. I accept the traders fee may be more then the amount earnt for T4 work

If someone offered you some money as a thank you, then it is up to you if you accept the tip or decline it because you set out to help, not make money. A member came over to help me, he would not accept petrol money. I have sent a few items to members, some cover postage others I ask to donate to NSPCC and I cover postage but they don't pay for the item.

macafee2
Closed Thread