Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2019, 19:40   #11
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Probably just caused a few more problems now putting that stuff in.i ended up changing my heater matrix after last owner put k seal in it
😮

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:47   #12
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

I'm sure Yvonne has received the message from the masses about this stuff, now. I am sure that because she was not a member here when her troubles began she did what she thought would fix it.

Yvonne, you're not the only one to have used the stuff. Others HERE have, too. Now, though, there are lots of folks here with the experience and knowledge to fix these things or tell/show you how.

Let us know what help you need. There is probably someone not very far away.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:49   #13
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Steel Seal - Horrible stuff!!

Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:47   #14
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Steel Seal - Horrible stuff!!

Hi, these picks don't show Steel Seal, maybe it's K Seal, which I did not use. Steel Seal is a more advanced product, not gungy, it is a green liquid which stays thin and white in colour when doing its job. I would never use K Seal in a car because of the reasons mentioned by other members and the pics above. Thank you for posting, but this is not the product which I used, or would use.
Evasirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:49   #15
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Probably just caused a few more problems now putting that stuff in.i ended up changing my heater matrix after last owner put k seal in it
😮

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk
K seal not used, it was Steel Seal, a much more advanced thinner product, I would never use K Seal.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:08   #16
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
The cooling system normally operates under pressure (up to 22psi or so), so do you mean there's excessive pressure? Is the header cap releasing coolant? If coolant isn't being ejected, the pressure may be normal for the temperature involved. Do you know the running temperature?

Does the radiator fan operate correctly? (Demist Test?)

You note the top hose is bulging, do you mean it feels hard or does it look balloon-like? If it's enlarging, it should be replaced because the internal structure is damaged.

TC
The header cap was releasing coolant,, but not now. New cap bought and have had a look this morning and no water on driveway, so drip stopped. No major release of pressure on removing cap and level looks ok. Definitely going to get a new top hose ordered and fitted as it is bulging in a weak spot. Temperature always been fine, on quarter to. Garage said it was an air lock in the system as when they looked underneath they couldn't see where drip was coming from. No drip now, so will see how it goes today. Thank you for your input.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:16   #17
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The steel seal will be the cause of your heater taking a long time to get up to heat, the matrix will be full of the horrible stuff, blocking the thin channels.

I guess the passenger side vents are considerably colder than the drivers side?
Don't think so as this was a problem before the product was used. Will check that. Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:16   #18
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evasirius View Post
The header cap was releasing coolant,, but not now. New cap bought and have had a look this morning and no water on driveway, so drip stopped. No major release of pressure on removing cap and level looks ok. Definitely going to get a new top hose ordered and fitted as it is bulging in a weak spot. Temperature always been fine, on quarter to. Garage said it was an air lock in the system as when they looked underneath they couldn't see where drip was coming from. No drip now, so will see how it goes today. Thank you for your input.
Temp gauge useless, 1/4 is too low, should be middle at least. Running temp on the 1.8 is around 85/90. Use the obd to watch the correct coolant temp.
19 then 7 are the one's you need https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=55585
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:21   #19
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Temp gauge useless, 1/4 is too low, should be middle at least. Running temp on the 1.8 is around 85/90. Use the obd to watch the correct coolant temp.
19 then 7 are the one's you need https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=55585
Sorry my fault, I meant quarter to when looking at the display as a normal clock. It runs at normal, on the half or 50% mark and never goes above that.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:28   #20
Evasirius
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
I'm sure Yvonne has received the message from the masses about this stuff, now. I am sure that because she was not a member here when her troubles began she did what she thought would fix it.

Yvonne, you're not the only one to have used the stuff. Others HERE have, too. Now, though, there are lots of folks here with the experience and knowledge to fix these things or tell/show you how.

Let us know what help you need. There is probably someone not very far away.

Cheers,
Glenn
Thank you. I didn't use K seal, it was Steel Seal, a much thinner and advanced product, I would never use K Seal. Thanks for the advice. I am going to update this post soon.