Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th October 2013, 14:06   #1
reesalan
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Default Camera

HI im hoping you boys will help me im looking for a camera and have spoted these on gumtree??????? cannon eos 1000f and a minolta dslr camera both on gumtree under TOOLS IN NEATH PORT TALBOT
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED and advice thanks alan
reesalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 14:57   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesalan View Post
HI im hoping you boys will help me im looking for a camera and have spoted these on gumtree??????? cannon eos 1000f and a minolta dslr camera both on gumtree under TOOLS IN NEATH PORT TALBOT
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED and advice thanks alan
The Canon camera is a FILM camera NOT a digital camera just in case you didn't know.
It was a good entry level auto focus camera body back in the day

Never used Minolta cameras so can't comment on it but I do know that Sony Dslr lenses will work with it as Sony basically bought Konika Minolta out
Old 30th October 2013, 15:11   #3
reesalan
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Default camera

NO i dint know but thank's it sounds like a old camera
Old 30th October 2013, 15:38   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
NO i dint know but thank's it sounds like a old camera
Early nineties vintage if memory serves me right
All Canon Digital Slrs or Dslr's as they are known have a D at the end of the number.
The Smaller the number the higher spec the model.
For Instance a 1000D is entry Level, the 1D is Top of the range.
As a rule of thumb with Canon bodies the four digit numbers are entry, the three digit next step up, double digit are considered Prosumer and Single Digit Semi Pro or Professional

Perhaps it may be worth mentioning what sort of photography you plan to do and maybe we can suggest camera bodies/Lenses that may suit your budget/needs
Old 30th October 2013, 16:41   #5
reesalan
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Default camera

Thank's again for all the info. I'm a little short of cash at the moment and i saw the cameras on gumtree and asked if they would swap for a rolex copy watch that ive had for a few years and they said yes;; and i think i would take photo's of wild life ect thank's again ALAN
Old 31st October 2013, 18:50   #6
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Jeff is correct on things Canon and I am familar with Minoltas as I used them for years bucking the trend, but thats me yes all that is left is the konica-minolta mount on the A series I think.

you might consider a bridge camera they do cover a wide range with their levle of zoom ability but it is a comprimise of course thery start from among £120 I think
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 18:51   #7
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

check prices on your old rolex you may be surprised at what it is worth
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 21:13   #8
reesalan
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Default Camera

Sorry if iv'e mist led anyone in thinking the ROLEX is genuine its a COPY i bought it about 3 years ago for a bit of fun when i was abroad but its a very good copy and looks the part . Now for a true story that i don't think you will believe but its true ;for a laugh i took the watch in to a cash generator shop in my nearest town i took the watch off my wrist and a lady working there was over the moon saying that its the first time she's held a rolex watch and offered me a loan of £1,500 on the watch so i told here that iv'e got something to tell her .SO in the mean while her assistant ask's me what i would like for the watch so i say £3.500 but ill have to scan the watch first:sir ok go ahead i say and they did he came back telling me he's very sorry but he will have to withdraw the offer as one of the digits are out off line and he could not tell by the naked eye so anyway i confess to the lady that what i had to say was that it was a fake and what would have happened if i sold the watch for the £1,500 you would have to have filled a form out with your address ect she tells me, yes but what if i had taken the money and gone It would have been my fault was the reply and there would have been nothing we could have done was the reply:::: hand up how many would have taken the money
Old 1st November 2013, 13:14   #9
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

To further add to the above, if you plan to buy a digital SLR for the purpose of wildlife you should be prepared to invest in some expensive long reach lenses if you want any success.

If you're new to photography and manual control cameras you may struggle with an SLR and I think a superzoom bridge camera may be of better use to you.
For example, Canons latest SX50 bridge has a 50x focal range from 24mm to 1200mm.
To get that kind of range with an SLR you're looking at around £5000 worth of lens.

Granted, the bridge or compact camera will never be able to compete with the detail of the larger sensor in an SLR but it is a very good starting block. I'd definately give it some thought.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 13:36   #10
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Sorry if iv'e mist led anyone in thinking the ROLEX is genuine its a COPY i bought it about 3 years ago for a bit of fun when i was abroad but its a very good copy and looks the part . Now for a true story that i don't think you will believe but its true ;for a laugh i took the watch in to a cash generator shop in my nearest town i took the watch off my wrist and a lady working there was over the moon saying that its the first time she's held a rolex watch and offered me a loan of £1,500 on the watch so i told here that iv'e got something to tell her .SO in the mean while her assistant ask's me what i would like for the watch so i say £3.500 but ill have to scan the watch first:sir ok go ahead i say and they did he came back telling me he's very sorry but he will have to withdraw the offer as one of the digits are out off line and he could not tell by the naked eye so anyway i confess to the lady that what i had to say was that it was a fake and what would have happened if i sold the watch for the £1,500 you would have to have filled a form out with your address ect she tells me, yes but what if i had taken the money and gone It would have been my fault was the reply and there would have been nothing we could have done was the reply:::: hand up how many would have taken the money
I wouldn't have taken the money but I have a related story. I had a friend bring me a fake Breitling back from a holiday in Turkey. My son's friend scored the crystal and because I was busy I asked my wife to take the watch to the repairers in town to see if the crystal could be replaced. She took it to the Breitling shop and they were all ready to send it to Switzerland to have it fixed, all full of apologies because this 'never happens'. It wasn't until the manager got his loups out and examined the watch that he came back to my wife and apologetically said it wasn't a real Breitling!
It seems a good copy really can fool the professionals!
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote