Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th September 2018, 18:45   #15
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

To be fair, it has had its oil changed a lot recently! And its coolant. I check the fluid levels pretty much every other day, often every day depending on how much I'm driving. Don't check if I've only done a 8 mile trip. I also check the tyre pressures every other day, and have to say, my serpents don't lose air pressure, which is nice, but I still check them in case.
If it was losing a lot of oil or water, I'd have noticed it. I also open the oil cap and check the consistency of the oil for any gunk. Since the rebuild last year, it has used no water and no noticeable oil drop. The leaks that have been pointed out and are visible, are more like weeping than actual leaks but it's a question of a weep today, a torrent tomorrow?
Having driven it today, there is definitely no smoke coming from the exhaust, the turbo is definitely working but there is a rhythmic thudding now, which is odd, and the suspension has developed a knocking squeak. It's so comfy, easy to drive, nice to look at, sounds nice and is just a lovely place to be, but all these bits are making me grind my teeth down.

Going to call MGRR tomorrow and talk to them, see if they can reassure me or see if they fob me off in a disinterested manner. That's the test of a company with its customer service when things go wrong. If they are lovely and helpful, I'll let you know, if they tell me to go away in no uncertain terms, then I'll also let you know. We'll see.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote