Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th March 2021, 15:21   #8
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
No mayo problem except what you'd normally expect under the filler cap, remember we have much lower temperatures here and as per norm the smaller crankcase breathers were blocked. Not any more

Can't see it being much of a problem by-passing the oil cooler, I did the belts on an early car last summer so had the oil cooler out and I haven't got a lift, just a high reach trolly jack.

You still seem to be relying on this one mechanic who perhaps is jumping to conclusions. Stocktake has advised by-passing the oil cooler, he's been on this forum since day one, t'would be silly not to listen to him, and perhaps unnecessarily expensive too. Will the mechanic refund the headgasket money if the car is no better?

Regards

ps The garage that mis-diagnosed my V6, (recommending new headgaskets etc) was the Rover dealership in my town.
I'm only relying on the mechanic to check out the fault, if he does say it's the head gasket I will be back on here for more advice!

As I've said all the posts I've read so far 're the oil cooler bypass have said its difficult, however as you've experience of it you can be sure I will be availing of your expert advice!!

Cheers
Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote