Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th September 2013, 20:45   #1
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Windscreen Replacement

My newly acquired tourer has developed a crack in the screen which seems to grow and grow. It is coming from a stone chip near the bottom corner, passenger side where the dark section of the screen at the bottom had been hiding the damage. When I first noticed it it was probably 2 in long, the next morning 4 in long and now probably more than a foot long!

Autoglass are coming in the morning to install a replacement so hopefully all will be well again afterwards. I am insured with LV and have to contribute £75 towards the replacement.

If I had seen the chip earlier and had a repair done it would have been free to me. So the moral of the story is to check regularly when cleaning and get the chips repaired before more damage is done!

Does anyone know how much a replacement screen costs these days?

boater
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 21:06   #2
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
My newly acquired tourer has developed a crack in the screen which seems to grow and grow. It is coming from a stone chip near the bottom corner, passenger side where the dark section of the screen at the bottom had been hiding the damage. When I first noticed it it was probably 2 in long, the next morning 4 in long and now probably more than a foot long!

Autoglass are coming in the morning to install a replacement so hopefully all will be well again afterwards. I am insured with LV and have to contribute £75 towards the replacement.

If I had seen the chip earlier and had a repair done it would have been free to me. So the moral of the story is to check regularly when cleaning and get the chips repaired before more damage is done!

Does anyone know how much a replacement screen costs these days?

boater
I had a quote for a fitted rain sensor screen for £175 all in, £150 for plain screen.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 21:18   #3
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I had a quote for a fitted rain sensor screen for £175 all in, £150 for plain screen.
That's good! When I had mine replaced last year, I looked around before using auto glass through insurance, and cheapest I found was 500 fitted for a rain sensor screen.
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 21:31   #4
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Prices were from an excellent independent supplier I have used before.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote