Notices

Old 12th December 2019, 21:25   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I forgot to say that this was near you whilst at my son's. Keep an eye out for the lady in the little Chevrolet near the industrial estate !
Will do Mike !!!
Old 13th December 2019, 10:16   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Interesting response from the Police
" Thank you for taking the time to contact Norfolk/Suffolk Constabulary with your concerns about a driving matter.

You will find three files attached. One is a guide to completing a statement, one is a blank statement pro-forma and the other is an example statement. Please read the guide and then take the time to complete your statement in as much detail as you can. Your evidence is key. You must be willing to attend a court of law if so required. If the case progresses to court and you are called as a witness we will support you through that process.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR STATEMENT IS COMPLETED IN FULL, SIGNED AND DATED.
IF THE STATEMENT IS MISSING DETAILS SUCH AS DATES, LOCATIONS AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBERS OR CONTAINS INCORRECT INFORMATION IT WILL NOT BE INADMISSIBLE AS EVIDENCE AND NO FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN.
FOOTAGE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED WITHOUT A STATEMENT.

You will receive a “Dropbox” file upload request which will allow you to upload your video footage/photographs.
ONLY UPLOAD YOUR FOOTAGE TO THIS ACCOUNT.
NO STATEMENTS ARE TO BE UPLOADED TO DROPBOX.
STATEMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO: [email protected].
Statements sent to the Dropbox account cannot be processed and will be deleted.

You are required to keep the original footage/image secure and available in its raw, unedited format on whichever medium it was recorded on should it be required as evidence in court – do not delete, edit, move or share it. The time and date need to be correct on the Dash Cam footage if not we will be unable to proceed.

Do not post the file on social media. If you have posted it on social media please remove it immediately.

Do not share the file with anybody, including news agencies or media outlets, in any form. We ask you not to share your evidence as there are strict laws governing evidence disclosure and any public airing can jeopardise a potential prosecution.

Once we have BOTH your statement and video/photo file(s) we will assess your evidence and make a decision on how to proceed.
Please be aware that there is a strict 14-day deadline from the date of offence in which to take formal action against offending drivers.
An officer will look at all the evidence and decide what offences (if any) have been committed and by whom. If there are clear road traffic offences and your evidence passes the Crown Prosecution Service threshold and public interest tests, we will instigate proceedings. If the evidence does not pass the threshold or public interest test no further action can be taken and you will be informed as such. If the registration of the offending vehicle is not visible to you, it will not be visible to the officer viewing and will result in no further action. We will not be able to enter into a debate over the decision but please do not be discouraged from re-engaging with us in any future matters.
This department deals only with moving traffic offences; we are unable to deal with parking related offences/issues, which should be referred to the Neighbourhood Team responsible for the relevant area. Any criminal offences caught on Dash Cam please ring 999/101 and state a crime has been committed.
Norfolk/Suffolk Constabulary is committed to reducing the risks we face on our roads. Wherever possible we will work with you and within the law to take action against the small minority of drivers who commit offences and/or take unnecessary risks on the road.

Thank you for your support in helping to make the roads of Norfolk and Suffolk safer."

In other words, your dashcam evidence has to record date, time, be on original recording media etc., to be used in court. It's not surprising that so many incidents do not get to court. I downloaded the memory card to computer but the "copied" evidence can't be used! The original recording has since been recorded over!

EDIT. I have been contacted by the police for a witness statement and my footage.

Last edited by roverbarmy; 13th December 2019 at 11:54..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 14:21   #13
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Interesting response from the Police
" Thank you for taking the time to contact Norfolk/Suffolk Constabulary with your concerns about a driving matter.
…….

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR STATEMENT IS COMPLETED IN FULL, SIGNED AND DATED.
[CENTER]
IF THE STATEMENT IS MISSING DETAILS SUCH AS DATES, LOCATIONS AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBERS OR CONTAINS INCORRECT INFORMATION IT WILL NOT BE INADMISSIBLE AS EVIDENCE AND NO FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN.

………….

EDIT. I have been contacted by the police for a witness statement and my footage.
(My clip, context not distorted)

The Bold highlighted has curious grammar, written by a non-officer? Whoever it was, if you ever get charged don't let them ask you to sign anything they have written.
Old 13th December 2019, 15:15   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I would ask the police if you can put the footage onto a hard drive or cd as you need the sd card for your dash cam and once uploaded is the original required?

date time and speed is worth recoding onto the video anyway

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 15:47   #15
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Ray it makes you wonder, and I take issue with "center" Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 16:31   #16
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Yes, I confess it does a bit. I'm not a grammar activist but...
In police documents, especially those designed to give the police an opportunity to:
1. present a case for definite prosecution with i's dotted and t's crossed,
2. have a golden opportunity to weed out trivial nosey-parker vigilantes,
3. another opportunity, this time to lose the whole thing and avoid any blame,
it seems quite important not to ask a socially conscious member of the public to sign a form that suggests the exact opposite course of action needed. If that went to court and met a shrewd lawyer...…

As for American spelling, whoever wrote it has been watching to many Special Victim Units.

Last edited by wraymond; 13th December 2019 at 16:41..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 16:48   #17
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Update:- She is going to be served with a notice of intended prosecution!

I feel bad but if needs must. She is a danger to herself and other road users.

I've looked at the MOT history for the car and it travels a few (low) hundreds of miles a year. If it's that low and she's that bad, she should take a taxi!