Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,447 79.77%
Linked from another website 169 9.32%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.45%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1814. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th January 2023, 15:40   #751
PetrolFeet
Regular poster

rover 75 kv6

Default who i am

Hello all,
I used to be called PoorDriver on another forum, which has now closed, changed name or otherwise evaded my attempts to find!
Always had rovers where possible, also a few dolomites, a cavalier an astra and a cortina over 25+ years driving.
Best car - my current one. KV6 sooooooo smooooooooth, not enough torque (2.0L) but toppy as anything (all K series are toppy, I love it!)
Really comfy too, and hopefully no HGF to ever worry about.

I do not trust the MLS gasket, the elastomer is more forgiving for uneven liner heights. ALL mls HGs I've fitted failed within 6 months or so, 75% of elastomers have lasted over a year.
That said, the elastomers were fitted to the 1.4, 1.6, and on advice from people like your good selves when I did my first 1.8 I used mls for the first time, so maybe the 1.8 is the problem, not the gasket. Still, that's my position, and where I intend to stay!
PetrolFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2023, 13:11   #752
Winslow Alan

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello Everyone,
We had our first 75 in 2008 and I fell in love with it the moment I got it out on the road. It was a fantastic car. We had the car aprox 5 years and then because of health issues we changed vehicles. I always wanted to return to the 75 and just last weekend we did. I have been waiting for this for more years than I care to think and for a bloke literally on the verge of pulling his pension there is little that excites me . Apart from being able to say "I drive a Rover 75", and now I can say it! . First thing I did on returning home (apart from walking around the car and smiling way to much) was to look up and join the owners club and here I am. Thanks for letting me join.
Winslow Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2023, 18:55   #753
spannermanjimbo

MG ZT

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, good to be part of the Rover/MG fraternity.
Came across you when attending the Roverfest last year, and enjoyed a great weekend.
spannermanjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2023, 18:59   #754
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannermanjimbo View Post
Thanks for the welcome, good to be part of the Rover/MG fraternity.
Came across you when attending the Roverfest last year, and enjoyed a great weekend.

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Feel free to check out all the sections. Ask as many, even the daft one’s, questions as you want. We have many experts.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2023, 03:17   #755
CJTaylor001

MG ZT

Default Hi

I found you guys due to the ZT I picked up in December of 2021 having a club window sticker in the rear window.

Unfortunately it seems like the previous owner of my car hasn’t been active on here since 2017 but thought it be good to join this community for our cars.
CJTaylor001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2023, 07:18   #756
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome to our forum. Have a look around the various sections. Ask as many questions as you want, even the silly ones.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2023, 14:48   #757
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJTaylor001 View Post
I found you guys due to the ZT I picked up in December of 2021 having a club window sticker in the rear window.

Unfortunately it seems like the previous owner of my car hasn’t been active on here since 2017 but thought it be good to join this community for our cars.
We lost something like nine members in 2017, is it possibly one of those members cars you have?
Welcome aboard.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2023, 05:47   #758
CJTaylor001

MG ZT

I had sent them a Direct Message and they have come back and responded so are now sharing some details about their old car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
We lost something like nine members in 2017, is it possibly one of those members cars you have?
Welcome aboard.
CJTaylor001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2023, 11:05   #759
CharlieCavalier1992

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T

Default New here - Log book question

Hi All

New to the Rover 75 world.

Always liked the tourer but thought it has passed me by as i have a non ULEZ Vectra and Cavalier as my toys, but then i had the chance of getting a cheap, tatty, low mileage 75 'loon.

So meet Rosie the Rover (yes i am not very creative), which is my daily ULEZ driver as i drive into the city 2 or 3 times a week for work.

No real history other than its been in the same family for about 20 years, no idea on the cambelt and she is damp inside.

current plan is to just use her for a few weeks before i know if she is a keeper or not and if she is i will get the cambelt done - i guess i am looking at about £500?

Just received the log book and the make is Rover and type is blank, with variant being *lr and version 01e

Anyone know what this means? does that mean the car is just a Rover on the https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/rover website?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20231023_060753.jpg (137.6 KB, 6 views)
CharlieCavalier1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2023, 11:20   #760
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCavalier1992 View Post
Hi All

New to the Rover 75 world.

Always liked the tourer but thought it has passed me by as i have a non ULEZ Vectra and Cavalier as my toys, but then i had the chance of getting a cheap, tatty, low mileage 75 'loon.

So meet Rosie the Rover (yes i am not very creative), which is my daily ULEZ driver as i drive into the city 2 or 3 times a week for work.

No real history other than its been in the same family for about 20 years, no idea on the cambelt and she is damp inside.

current plan is to just use her for a few weeks before i know if she is a keeper or not and if she is i will get the cambelt done - i guess i am looking at about £500?

Just received the log book and the make is Rover and type is blank, with variant being *lr and version 01e

Anyone know what this means? does that mean the car is just a Rover on the https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/rover website?
Send a pm to reebs with your vin and he'll give you all the build details 😎

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote