Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2013, 19:22   #1
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

2001 75 CDT Moonstone Green,160 Remap, Hairpins, Half Leather Contemporaryand knob, ZT wheel. TAZU.

Default Project MOT Round 3

Well I am still on the train to work as my last 3 weekends attemps to get back on the road have failed. I have at least sorted, I THINK, the Air Bag light thanks to the tips from you guys and some vaseline

I give in to the whisbone bushes and will let the garage do them but the front N/S ABS sensor is doing my nut in!

I got a reading off the speedo for all the other wheels so I know its that side, I have broken the first replacement trying to squeeze it down the hole the second one didn't make the light go out so that was drilled out, money down the drain time and I assumed as it was so tight to get in the hole it needed driving down with a hammer and wooden driving down thingymjig that I may have sent that one to ABS sensor heven so I have one left for this weekend. also my battery is on its way out so needs charging every time I work on the car

SOOOO the ABS sensor hole is clear of debris, should the new sensor slide in easily or should I expect a fight with it, if it is suppose to be tight is knocking it in gentley going to damage it?

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Last edited by DAS68; 10th December 2013 at 19:25..
DAS68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 22:11   #2
kehall
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

New sensors should slide in fairly easily by hand, hole isn't clean enough if it's tighter than you can push with your fingers

I used a small round file just to gently help remove some more rust, just be sure to go easy and don't poke too far! Use some tape or something around it as a distance reference to be sure. Also may like to use a bit of grease on the file to help keep the muck from falling in the hole and wipe it regularly (check fit of sensor at the same time) - you'd probably be surprised how much brown rust there is left when you think it's clean!

K
kehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 22:19   #3
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

When I replaced mine I used a modellers 12v drill with a Sanding band, something like a Dremel will do nicely, and carefully cleaned the hole and applied a sparse coat of grease and pushed it home, and I haven't had a problem with it.
I also angled the plastic fins slightly with a modellers file on the abs sensor.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 12:51   #4
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

2001 75 CDT Moonstone Green,160 Remap, Hairpins, Half Leather Contemporaryand knob, ZT wheel. TAZU.

cheers guys, is there much to damage down the hole that I need to look out for

Old 13th December 2013, 16:07   #5
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

Well- I have drilled and cleaned and greased the hole and trimmed a bit of the plastic from the fins and the sensor sliped in lovely, started the car ABS light went out, drove the wheels forwards at 20-30 mph on the stands and no light on. Job done I think

Old 13th December 2013, 20:10   #6
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS68 View Post
Job done I think
Job, Well Done I think.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote