Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2006, 19:04   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Default OBC retrofit

I have what appeared to be the Hi-Line instruments in my non SE 260 but no OBC button so I retrieved the indicator/main beam stalk with button from a car being broken

The stalk is a straight swap four screws and it is done, so a five minute job and I now have the OBC and the novel big in your face Digital Speedo that on the 260 replaces the mpg display

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 21:12   #2
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

cool... now if you can only reprogram said computer to show miles left in tank

very cool upgrade for little mulah... what did your obc dispaly do then??

just the doors and warnings??

Nick.
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 21:50   #3
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Yep door warnings, bulb failure, rear fog lamp etc so I though hello that is not a Lo-Line display I will fit traffic master as well soon once Swmbo lets me spend some more money!

I Will also be able to do rear electric windows easily as well, I just need two donor doors and a Black BCU.

I have ordered some stainless steel mesh as I don't like the matt Black Grill
Old 28th November 2006, 08:00   #4
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yep door warnings, bulb failure, rear fog lamp etc so I though hello that is not a Lo-Line display I will fit traffic master as well soon once Swmbo lets me spend some more money!

I Will also be able to do rear electric windows easily as well, I just need two donor doors and a Black BCU.

I have ordered some stainless steel mesh as I don't like the matt Black Grill

Be sure to get me some measurements and pics on the mesh mate ...I had a comming together with a Fox last night pushed the mesh in and seems to have come loose or broken a fixing , i think the bumpers survived maybe some paint strain/craze

grrrr all gods animals and all, but man I'm jacked off .... It ran in front of me , but I think as there was a car coming the other way he just sood there
on a plus note the car pulled up straight and true and stable.... on the negative I'm hearing clunks all over the show now...hoping its just paranoia...

Nick.
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 12:16   #5
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Annoying things critters I once saw the considerable damage a Male Stag did to a Jag on the A9 going to Inverness

Despite desperately trying not to, I once decapitated a Cat with my Triumph 2000 many years ago

I also had a Cat run across the path of my Motorbike I caught it under the belly with one of my boots and kicked it out of harms way, at least it got up and ran away, the impact sprained my ankle and I had a bruise on my foot for weeks!

A guy I worked part time with years ago had a Swan crash land on his motorbike he ended up with two broken legs!

You will probably find the bottom of you lower grill has broken away that is what mine has done so it is like a cat flap!

see my other thread or the one on Two-Sixties for a mesh supplier.
Old 28th November 2006, 12:18   #6
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

PS V8 engine ECU or the Gateway to the cluster can't do MPG so we get the big Digital Speedo instead