Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2021, 21:29   #11
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

[QUOTE=edwardmk;2864215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
OMG: I'd almost forgotten about this one. I recall going with Martin Green and Lewis to Longbridge on a number of occasions to try to negotiate a deal on spares and salvaged cars before the crushers arrived, all to no avail.

This old S Reg girl was the only one rescued, sold to us by weight, x£'s per ton! Great to see her looking so good.

It was a sad and sorry day when the crushers destroyer many dozens of brand new and hardly used 45's, 75's 25's MGTF's and even Vans.

The saddest of all was to see a glorious 75 limousine in moonstone green, with all the toys and less than 30k on the clock go into the crusher.

Can anyone explain why on earth this was allowed to happen? I literally don't understand why anyone would crush perfectly saleable vehicles/
Public liability/tax/warranty etc. Same as why prototypes usually get destroyed, even if they are fully functional vehicles (unless they sneak out of course...).

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2006 MG ZTT 160+ cdti auto; for disposal.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2023, 09:44   #12
Alex Rankin

Rover 75

New to 75 ownership, and I can’t really believe what I’m reading. How can companies be so thoughtless and wasteful. What a disgraceful practice. I’m very pleased OVP was able to be saved.
Alex Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2023, 10:32   #13
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rankin View Post
New to 75 ownership, and I can’t really believe what I’m reading. How can companies be so thoughtless and wasteful. What a disgraceful practice. I’m very pleased OVP was able to be saved.
Agree completely. Difficult to comprehend that a company in financial distress didn't auction these vehicles. Surely that would have been much more cost effective? Corporate madness.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote