Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale > Cars Now Sold
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2021, 17:30   #1
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Cool 2001 (51) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE tourer ***NOW SOLD***

One more attempt at sale before it goes on eBay with price reduced to £2500 ovno .

Surely there must be someone out there interested or knows someone who might be. This really is a lovely car as any inspection will show. Headlining was done a few weeks ago and apart from a cracked rear tail light that I've lived with since purchase, it's in excellent condition. Has all the options fitted and is running beautifully. But I'm downsizing and need to sell my Mk1 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE tourer with 119,500 miles on the clock, first registered in Nov 2001.

I have taken very good care of it since, spending thousands on it as the bills and receipts that come with it will confirm. It’s had two owners before me with the second owner having the car the longest before I bought it.

I'm selling because I've retired and I can’t justify ownership of two cars, the other being a much more practical (for us) hybrid Toyota Auris estate. The Rover’s a high spec model with the following features (including upgrades, maintenance and repairs).

Mechanics and exterior
• 174PS 2.5 litre KV6 engine. I’ve twice changed the belts and water pump, as recently as in Jan 2020 at 115,000 miles.
• Fitted projector headlamps (halogen) in 2017.

• New radiator fan and gold resistor fitted in Feb 2020.
• 5 speed automatic transmission serviced in 2018 and working perfectly.
• Cruise control working perfectly.
• AC and automatic climate control working perfectly.
• Traction control (quite rare and can be defeated) working.
• New message centre with no lines fitted (Rick Sta) in 2020.

• Original and working rear parking aid.

• Top struts renewed in 2018.
• New nearside rear suspension arm fitted in 2018.
• Renewed brake hoses all round in Jan 2019 for MoT.
• New brakes (discs and pads) all round fitted recently, two new rear brake callipers fitted since 2016 and two new front brake callipers in Feb of this year.
• Both heated door mirrors working and adjustable
• Fitted roof rails.
• Corroded sills on both sides fully repaired in 2018.
• New, quieter Roewe sourced (DMGRS) exhaust back box fitted in April 2021. It really is quieter than the aftermarket boxes.

• New thermostat housing fitted in Nov 2017.
• Two Stocktake modified VIZ motors fitted in Jan 2021.
• Rick Sta supplied combined DRL/indicators[/URL] fitted last year. I decided to fit these (with the help of Big Russ) because I was driving to Poland where DRLs are required or you use your headlamps. As I hate changing the bulbs in our car, I decided to let them relax and use the DRLs instead. They are on in daylight and with sidelights on or off. They are off with dipped beam and headlights. Also off when indicating or hazards are on. All MoT safe. Can easily be swapped back to original bulbs if preferred or DRLs switched off.

And a couple of videos of them in operation here

https://youtu.be/LSS2p65GxYI and https://youtu.be/kK0ox1V2oFk

• Five steel alloys refurbished in 2020 and bodywork cleaned up. here's an example.

• Car’s wheels have security bolts fitted; key in car.
• All pitted chrome outside door handles replaced in 2019 with better ones.
• Replaced the brake switch in May 2021.
• Oil and filter changed annually (less than 6000miles annually and virtually nothing since March 2019)!

Interior
• Rare personal line full leather aubergine upholstery with cream piping and matching carpet trim. The colour scheme extends to the leather steering wheel cover and the automatic gear handle and carpets. There is no bolster wear on the driver’s seat. Both seats are fully electrically adjustable, including height on driver’s side with 3-position memory on both sides. The leather condition is generally good but with some minor scratches and discolouration on the rear seats. I think the previous owner may have had a dog or something.

• No water ingress, so bone dry inside.
• Electric windows all round with driver’s side, winder mechanism replaced recently.

• I have replacing the original symphony unit + CD changer (both available to new owner) with a more modern Pioneer head unit. The Pioneer has Apple CarPlay and Google’s Drive system installed and it also has a bluetooth hands-free facility. You connect your phone via a USB port installed in the centre armrest or by Bluetooth as you wish. It automatically connects to your phone once paired.

• Much improved sound with new, upgraded front door speakers.
• Automatically dimming rear view mirror and automatic, rain sensing wipers fitted.
• Heated front seats and height adjustable driver’s seat with memory settings on both sides.

• Professionally fitted Thinkware dash cam installed with front and rear facing cameras. This has saved my bacon a few times on the road!

• Replaced interior lights with BDU friendly LEDs. They are a little brighter and whiter than the original filament bulbs (suppled by Rick).

• New tyres all round in 2019 with good tread all round and they’ve done less than 10,000 miles.
• Full size spare wheel.
• Two working keys/fobs and a spare fob.

The not so good bits
• The underside has not been rust proofed

• There’s a slight circular scratch on the roof as though someone has put something heavy with a rough surface on it and then turned it. It’s only a small patch and virtually invisible .
• There are a few light scratches and scuffs around the bodywork.
• The engine compartment isn't the cleanest I've seen.

• There is a small crack in the lens cover of the offside rear light cluster which has been there since I bought the car

The car is relatively low mileage for its age but my son is using at the moment and so as the weeks go by with the car unsold, the mileage is rising a little.

I have most receipts for the maintenance and servicing work that I’ve had done in my six and a half years of ownership, mainly by M&G Rover in Bradford and occasionally, by Big Russ and Stocktake, both of whom live nearby.

The car's got a few more years of life left in yet. If I don’t sell it, I will SORN and store it. But someone out there may be looking for an exceptionally well cared for car like mine and will take it off my hands and run it. The car is MoTd until Feb 8th 2022. It’s a pleasure to drive and while perhaps a bit higher than usual, I think an asking price of £2500 OVNO is not asking too much. If you are interested then please PM me. You are also most welcome to pay a visit and see the car for yourself; again PM me. Also please PM if you would like to see more photos or the car itself.

PS If you look up its MoT history, you may find a discrepancy in the stated mileage from 2018-20. This is because the odometer was switched to read kilometres while I was abroad and I hadn’t switched it back before a pending MoT. You can check that for yourselves of course.

Some more pictures

Last edited by minty2; 18th August 2021 at 18:05.. Reason: Minor edits
Old 3rd July 2021, 08:18   #2
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Could a mod change the '2002' in the title to '2001' please? The car was first registered in Nov 2001, so my mistake.
Old 18th August 2021, 18:15   #3
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Could a mod bump this back to the top please? I'd like to try one more time before putting the car on eBay. Thanks!