Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale > Cars Now Sold
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th July 2021, 19:46   #1
Dee Bee

Rover 75 Tourer

Cool Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connie Royal Blue Spares or repair ** NO LONGER FOR SALE

I am very reluctantly having to try and sell our 2003 Royal Blue Rover 75 CDT 2.0L Connoisseur Tourer estate (reg FT03 CKA) to a new owner who will hopefully use it for spares or restore it. It has been the family car since 2009 when I bought it off Colin Ludwell car sales in Bristol. It then had one previous owner. It is taxed until the end of August and MOTed until 23rd August. However due to the sills having rusted out it is going to be uneconomical for us to repair to get it through another MOT test.

127,000 miles, however the car is still in use so the mileage may creep up a little
Manual transmission
Mechanically nothing seems wrong – starts and runs well
Last service August 2020
Full service history with a pile of receipts
Under bonnet fuel pump replaced August 2014
Front subframe replaced September 2016
Front track rod end replaced September 2017
In tank fuel pump replaced October 2018
New Bosch battery January 2020
Upper rear suspension arms replaced August 2020
Left front upper suspension arm, front brake pads, rear left suspension bush replaced November 2020.
Tyres fairly new although fairly budget price

However I will attach pics of all the worst bits to give an honest view.
The lacquer paintwork on the bonnet has completely gone and will need a respray.
The lacquer paint work on the roof is going the same way as the bonnet.
The area around the toe hitch looks shoddy. We had to toe the car back home a few miles when the in tank fuel pump started blowing a fuse
A few scratches on the back bumper but no dents.
One of the tail side lights has an intermittent fault hence the warning light on the dash.
Leather on driver’s seat is worn.
Both sills in front of the rear wheels are rusted out. This will be the MOT failure. The off side is the worst – I can put my big hand up inside it.

We are in North Tawton, near Okehampton, Devon. I may be taking my son back to the University of Surrey in Guildford in the next few weeks if anyone in that area is interested.
£300 ono
Telephone 01837 82685
Thank you
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }a:link { color: #000080; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }a:visited { color: #800000; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; direction: ltr; color: #000000; line-height: 115%; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background: transparent }p.western { so-language: en-GB }p.cjk { so-language: zh-CN }p.ctl { so-language: ar-SA }a:link { color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline }a:visited { color: #800000; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 01 Bonnet.jpg (137.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 05 Dash.jpg (140.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 06 Speedo.jpg (134.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 09 OSR Sill.jpg (149.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 10 NSR Sill.jpg (132.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 02 Roof.jpg (135.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg FT03CKA 03 Toe Hitch.jpg (141.6 KB, 77 views)
Old 11th July 2021, 07:22   #2
Dee Bee

Rover 75 Tourer

Default It broke down

As luck would have it the car broke down last night and we had to get it toed home. So it is off the road. The mechanic couldn't diagnose the fault. It felt like it had run out of diesel but there was diesel getting to the engine. Both pumps seemed to be working. We changed the cam shaft sensor but it made no difference. It will be scrapped.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:18   #3
Dee Bee

Rover 75 Tourer

Default I have arranged for the car to go to the breakers

I haven't worked out how to take the post down in reference to selling the Rover 75 Tourer, but if one of the administrators could do so, it may free up some space. As I wrote above the old car broke down Saturday night and had to be toed home. I have contacted Charles Trent and they will collect it as a whole car. SO sorry I cannot sell any bits and pieces from it and the car is no longer for sale.