Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th July 2021, 05:55   #1
UpWeardale

Rover 75 saloon

Default Oil spots

I noticed some spots of oil on the drivers side suspension turret and bulkhead, there seems to be a film of oil getting deposited there. The only leak I can find after a hunt about is a pool of oil around the top of the 2 injectors on the left of the engine as you look at it from the front of the car. I can imagine that the flow of air would bring any vapour out from under the plastic covers past the MAF and deposit it on the suspension turret / bulkhead. I might get a pcv filter kit and change those seals. After that is it a case of removing injectors? (Leak off pipes all look clean and dry). Any other areas I should be looking? Thanks
UpWeardale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 09:30   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Whip the acoustic panel off and run the engine at idle. Not uncommon for oil to leak up through one of the securing threads if it has been damaged in the past. If the bolt wasn't tight then oil could be leaking up past the bolt under the panel.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 13:19   #3
UpWeardale

Rover 75 saloon

thanks Mike sounds like an easy one to check. Does that mean the acoustic panel retaining screws can go through the camshaft cover?
UpWeardale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2021, 16:57   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yes sadly that can and does happen if the bolt is too long and tightened down too much.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote