Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2006, 21:26   #21
Womble
Avid contributor

ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
I suppose it is possible to mix photos up of 2 different cars that are the same colour. Still seems some what dodgy. Inspection is welcomed though (as it should be with any car).
They certainly had 2 R75 V8s in this colour at Silverstone, so highly possible without it having to be anything suspect. Brown & Gammons have, afaik, a highly respected brand name in MG circles at least, so I doubt they'd take any risks on suspect actions!

'Kermit' - MG ZT-T 260 Mk1 - VIN 019
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 07:22   #22
pETEkv6
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
Are Dealers allowed to say this?

'PLEASE NOTE: The car is sold as seen and as such comes with no warranty.'
I thought if a Dealer sells a car, then you have certain consumer rights - and something like 3 months comeback if anything serious goes wrong. Not a warranty as such. However I guess you might sign something a bit different under a 'sold as seen' sale which negates the ususal 3 month consumer protection?
pETEkv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 08:24   #23
Rincewind
Loves to post

MINI Cooper S Works (Superchardged not Turbo!)

Hi,

sorry I'm a bit late adding to this thread (been madly busy!).

Yes, that's one of the early development R75 Autos (as you can tell by the original Ford Mustang gear lever). Good old B & G if it's scheduled to be scrapped it'll probably be found on their site!

It will have a very low level of build, early gearbox and engine tune probably. The exhaust won't be to the right level and there will be all of the usualy problems and more found on the car as it will have been put together off line, then taken to pieces and put back then taken apart and so on!

Will probably be a bargain for someone, but to the ininitiated, a potential money trap/pit!

Would be interested to know what the VIN is.

Nic

The difference is, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?", no-one answers

MGR stories, MGR help and advice all available at no extra cost !

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 08:44   #24
Rincewind
Loves to post

I've got some more info on the car. I'm just waiting for one of my ex colleagues to come back to me with a bit more info and then I'll post the details up, but yes it is the first Rover 75 Auto ever built and the first apparently with the anti-tramp diff damper!

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Old 21st November 2006, 11:40   #25
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pETEkv6 View Post
I thought if a Dealer sells a car, then you have certain consumer rights - and something like 3 months comeback if anything serious goes wrong. Not a warranty as such. However I guess you might sign something a bit different under a 'sold as seen' sale which negates the ususal 3 month consumer protection?

One thing I always remember from my studying days is that a shop or sales outlet can stick all the signs under sun in your face and ask you to sign all manner of disclaimers BUT if they are requesting that you are denied restitution under law then the request itself is null and void. The law cannot be ignored or treated as optional.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 11:45   #26
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Thanks for having a look for us Rincewind, as ever your first-hand knowledge is great stuff.

Old 21st November 2006, 14:28   #27
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Pete I guess auction rules are different, yes under the sale of goods act if you bought it from them off their forecourt I guess they would have to be careful but via Ebay I doubt any consumer laws apply.

Caveat empty egghead and all that

I wonder what the reserve is £7000 ish maybe?

Shall I or for that matter will you

From what Nic is saying it might be a healthy ZT260 underneath

Big question I would be asking myself, will it pass an MOT test?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 14:56   #28
Rincewind
Loves to post

As promised, here's the info I can pass on regarding the early 75 V8 auto!

Quote:
The car was originally built as a ZT260 in methods build (sorry I cannot remember the SDV number), and was a development car, hence the 'dull' colour. If my memory serves me well it was one of the first cars with the production anti-tramp diff mounting.

When the X12/13 programme was put on hold in February/March 2003 a 'skunk' team of 4 engineers (names deleted to protect the devious swines! ) were charged with the task of producing a V8 auto derivative. The original intention was to have an auto ZT260. However when we finished the first car and the board had driven it they were so impressed with the initial refinement that to project turned into RD12. The first car remained an MG and was Anthracite.

This car is an early development car, possibly the second car converted (by Methods), the tunnel was modified by West Works with Steve Dudley's ( our Body Engineer) input. The interior was changed from MG to Rover, additional sound deadening was fitted etc etc. If I remember correctly all of the chassis development and NVH work was carried out on this car to make it a Rover rather than a rebadged MG. The car is 'robust' but has not had a normal life.

This 'skunk' work helped to resurrect X12/13 because there was more profit in the auto programme, cheaper chassis drops from Ford and higher sticker price of Rover.

So historically speaking I suppose this car has some value.

Speak to you soon.

So there you go. Straight from the horses mouth about the car.

For those that don't know "skunk" projects were the ones that went on under the management radar and it's how a lot of projects were done at MGR as Fat Boy at the top would have canned most things so when we presented something and he liked it we just got on with it!

Hope that is of interest to people!

Nic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21st November 2006, 17:10   #29
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Hiyas Keith - When I banged out that reply I was thinking of the car being sold from the showroom and not in auction which is as you said a different bucket of mice - my bad, apols.

Old 21st November 2006, 18:47   #30
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
As promised, here's the info I can pass on regarding the early 75 V8 auto!

So there you go. Straight from the horses mouth about the car.

For those that don't know "skunk" projects were the ones that went on under the management radar and it's how a lot of projects were done at MGR as Fat Boy at the top would have canned most things so when we presented something and he liked it we just got on with it!

Hope that is of interest to people!

Nic
Good info there Nic. Top man!!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote