Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2019, 07:45   #11
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Can’t deny that Dawn but the car is gleaming so why stop short on doing a proper job to make it even more desirable when selling. I’ve seen loads of shiny cars on Facebook all nice and shiny with painted callipers etc and I’m shocked when I see the underneath, some of them being absolutely rotten. This is the point I’m making. If I saw a car for sale where they’d not paid attention to detail at such a crucial thing as presenting it properly what else has been missed
Good morning Les, I saw the door shuts you pointed out, but given how the rest of the car is presented, I see the door shuts state as an oversight. Why not drop the seller a helpful message, expressing your concerns about the door shuts being dirty looking and could they be cleaned up to enhance the sale?

At one of the meets I sometimes go to in the London and South East, I have seen examples where the underbody is like new. One of the members attending the meet has his own pit which enables him to easily go underneath, lucky guy! On another occasion, I had reason to call out an AA patrol man who wanted to clean and shine the alternator in my V6, an oversight on my part. He told me how he removes the engine from his XJS every 3 months to shine it up and clean the engine bay. Quite impressive! But OCD a tad
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote