Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2019, 11:42   #91
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
The debate on this thread has been pretty reasonable- up till now.

I really don't want to have to close this thread - or any others for that matter.

Perhaps ALL concerned should think about what they are posting before hitting the submit.
Please be assured I do take great care to post clear and factual info. I happy to play “banter” with anyone. But the posts above clearly show that one person in particular out of two - does seem unable to raise their game away from playground antics.

If only we would - all of us - play the ball - not the player.

Not a complaint against Nick!

I like a laugh the same as the next guy!!
Old 28th June 2019, 11:50   #92
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

One characteristic I often observe on the forum is that when the mods step into an exchange, the worst offender usually tries to take the higher moral position by siding with the mods, thus attempting to make the other member appear the unreasonable one.

Even I, a simple man, can see what is going on - the mods are far wiser than I to be taken in by such maneuvering, entertaining though it is.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:56   #93
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The point must surely be that 'We' are better than that. It is stunningly simple and more convenient to present an amicable response to absolutely anything that can be said or written. Just takes a step back to see everything as being in the best intention. Those that want a row can go to where they happen - and possibly meet their match - so good luck to them. They spoil it for everyone else and the result is a stunted growth.
Old 28th June 2019, 12:03   #94
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
One characteristic I often observe on the forum is that when the mods step into an exchange, the worst offender usually tries to take the higher moral position by siding with the mods, thus attempting to make the other member appear the unreasonable one.

Even I, a simple man, can see what is going on - the mods are far wiser than I to be taken in by such maneuvering, entertaining though it is.
Oh yes - brown noser me........
Old 28th June 2019, 12:16   #95
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Clive, suspecting agent provocateur activity, I have missed all of the foregoing. Reference to 'ignore lists' and the like confirm my fears. Such a shame. Amongst the hyperbole, evident on here for those who thrive on such delights, I'm afraid I can't find the allegedly offending post. Even so, it seems to me that context, as ever, is of no small importance. Would you be so kind as to help with a link? Thanks.
Quote:
The point must surely be that 'We' are better than that. It is stunningly simple and more convenient to present an amicable response to absolutely anything that can be said or written. Just takes a step back to see everything as being in the best intention. Those that want a row can go to where they happen - and possibly meet their match - so good luck to them. They spoil it for everyone else and the result is a stunted growth.
Good afternoon Wraymond.

We feel honoured that even the posh, wise, ones have decided to ingratiate my thread with their presence, be it only to offer a bit of support to members of the collective and to look down upon some of us.

Thank you for making what must have been a painful effort to bring yourself down to our level.

Just one question - do posh ones practice what they spout so eloquently?

Oh, will you be staying long?

Last edited by MSS; 28th June 2019 at 12:21..
Old 28th June 2019, 12:17   #96
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
The debate on this thread has been pretty reasonable- up till now.

I really don't want to have to close this thread - or any others for that matter.

Perhaps ALL concerned should think about what they are posting before hitting the submit.
I agree but when someone will not ever countenance anyone else's opinion the whole thread ends up in being pointless to the extreme.
Old 28th June 2019, 12:25   #97
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Nicely put - and it is interesting that the consensus on my offending words - which incidentally- had to be parachuted across from another thread seems to be that no offence was taken but some disagreed with the content to a greater or lesser extent.

I’m happy with that.

To round things off for me - I categorically state that I intended no offence whatsoever when I referred to Greta Thunberg. My inference was clear and aimed directly at Government for not listening to true facts but listening to agenda driven zealots.

That is how we have ended up with dirty diesels on our urban streets because just as ER and Greta Thunberg insist that CO2 is a poison and the sole cause of the problem - lobbyists previous to them managed to hoodwink Government - when the reality is that CO2 is a vital constituent of Photosynthesis.

We ended up with diesels via lobbying by truly ignorant people.

Greta Thunbergs parents are very active within ER. They have manipulated this poor girl into some sort of cult figure in order to advance their mission.

My simple point was - should Governments be swayed by a 16 year old supported by the likes of Emma Thompson- who flew in from 5000 miles away to tell us that whilst she can fly (1st Class in her case) - we plebs shouldn’t fly at all.

Last edited by Darcydog; 28th June 2019 at 12:28..
Old 28th June 2019, 12:26   #98
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I take no offence, Phil. Being put on the ignore list by yourself should be a cause for some self reflection and possibly celebration for the extraordinary achievement.

I just wish I had known at the time.
I did not want to fall out with you in public. The thread was about Dyson. Maninder, you had your views and I had mine, different to yours. Last year I chatted with Reebs at the National Meeting in Anglesey, when we talked face to face about the problems of people writing contentious stuff up on the boards. He will remember our conversation We both said the same things around, would you say the same to someones face, as in writing them up. Maninder, I don't see the mods as being wiser than you or you being simple. Never do yourself down The mods are ordinary guys, doing a thankless and time consuming job. I admire them for what they do.
Old 28th June 2019, 12:28   #99
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I have to say I did have to look it up as it is not a word I have come across before.

I’m really pleased you described me thus.

I’ve just printed off your “rant” and put it on the noticeboard so we can all have a laugh

I think I might add it to my c.v.

Edit-

I’ve just found the “quote” you have used and as I suspected - it is not an official quotation but one that appeared on Twitter by a chap called Tino Rodreguez.

1:54pm Jan 23 2018

As I suspected - Too many Tweets make a Tw@t
You might have fallen into a gaping hole Clive. Your newly acquired sign off is unknown to recognised fonts of knowledge. Nothing is forthcoming from OED, CED, or my Webster. It might be a made-up showy-off eccentricity too for the benefit of the virtue-wavers and is therefore erroneous.

Last edited by wraymond; 28th June 2019 at 12:30..
Old 28th June 2019, 12:30   #100
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Greta Thunberg was not mentioned in the offensive post.
It referred to "16 year old teenagers with Aspergers" not a specific person.
Closed Thread