Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st July 2019, 07:35   #11
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

At least they are talking and communicating. This has to be better than having a stand off and warmongering? If you make lots of little steps you can sometimes go a long way?
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 11:05   #12
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I've been saying this all along, it amazes me at times why people cant see further than their own noses.

Watch and wait...

Well said. It's strange how some smell threat or danger in others. They don't seem to realise the smell often is easier to detect because it originates much closer to home.
Old 1st July 2019, 11:17   #13
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Agree Wes - he is proving himself to be attuned to influencing people along ways that other politicians have failed to do. He is not bothered about making friends with what he considers to be the “swamp” - but he is most certainly making Friends with people his predecessors failed to do anything with.

Obama went to the DMZ with binoculars and wearing a military style Bomber Jacket.

Trump calls them up and pops in for a chat

A stunt?

Maybe...

But as you say - let’s watch and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It could well be that someone well versed in the skills of making friends and influencing people as Wraymond suggests - is exactly what we need to break the impasse created by decades of career politicians.

I only wish I too had those instincts, always found it, not difficult, but 'awkward'. On the other hand, I spent most of my working life selling financial services and the rest of it selling my own niche art so had to develop an ability to 'personalise' rather than tell lies. An important distinction. Trump has that, inherited wealth notwithstanding, and his efforts so far have found success so far as his electors are concerned. The big winner is, of course, himself, at least until something goes wrong - then he's a pirate. It takes all sorts.
Old 1st July 2019, 16:43   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I’ve had to change my mind about Trump but he’s getting things done. Why shouldn’t leaders meet at the drop of a hat? There’ll be remarks on here running him down as per usual but he’s doing things no other President has achieved
Hi Les, it is Trumps 3rd meeting with Kim. I gather both of them are tweeting buddies, so it would not have been that difficult to organise the meet. A case of more jaw, jaw and less war, war. But will Kim denuclearise? I don’t expect you to know the answer My own feeling is that Kim is going to be looking for a relaxation of sanctions from the U.S and he is going to use his nuclear capability as leverage to get what he wants. What’s in it for Trump?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 16:56   #15
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Threatening a Country with obliteration if they don't give in to his demands,selling arms to Israel and Saudi Arabia to use against countries he does not like and trying to get the world to put an embargo on countries so their people will starve. Then he is not someone i would want as a friend.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 17:24   #16
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Threatening a Country with obliteration if they don't give in to his demands,selling arms to Israel and Saudi Arabia to use against countries he does not like and trying to get the world to put an embargo on countries so their people will starve. Then he is not someone i would want as a friend.
We too sell arms to Israel and Saudi Arabia and we’ve threatened countries so why is he different?
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 17:50   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
We too sell arms to Israel and Saudi Arabia and we’ve threatened countries so why is he different?
It’s that bl00dy haircut.....

Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 18:11   #18
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Sometimes Les - I wish I was not so flippant

I appreciate the “Thanks” - and on reflection your post deserves a more considered response.

I believe Trump is considered different because he is not of the usual gravy train slurping politician background.

He is someone who challenged the status quo and won.

There is a backlash against what politicians do. And that is very much “do as I say don’t do as I do”

I don’t like the guy - it worries me that on camera he comes across as barely more lucid than a 13 year old.

But with the significant rejection of the “old order” across the world - his “maverick” actions are getting results.

This is a hard thing for me to accept in some way such is my personal feelings about him.

But nobody can deny that this crazy guy with a truly shocking haircut - has achieved something no other serving POTUS has.

He has simply strolled across the DMZ and had a chat with the President of North Korea.

He achieved this with a few Tweets.

His detractors will do their best to poo poo this truly stunning achievement.

But that “old school” mindset is in many ways part of the problem.

I really do think we should sit back and “watch this space” ( to Wes)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 19:07   #19
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Clive I completely agree with all your comments in post #18. When I first heard he was running for President I thought it was a joke and when he got elected I was appalled but I have really had my eyes opened by what he’s achieved. He can hardly string a proper sentence together but he’s gone into situations with a down to earth and dare I say it an approach that some of us who are more in touch with reality would do rather than the pillocks who govern us just now
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2019, 19:23   #20
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

By comparison to some of Americas Presidents Mr Trump is pretty good one. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote