Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th July 2019, 11:06   #34
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Hope Bob doesn't mind, but I just thought I'd leave these here:

Taken at the Clandon Car Show last Sunday. Not the greatest photos I've taken, but they do give an idea of how Banana is looking post re-spray. The poor car had braved a drive all the way from Cornwall, and then been driven to the show in pouring rain, but still managed to look magnificent when the sun finally decided to show up .

I took the opportunity to have a close inspection of the paintwork and have to agree with the verdict of Sonic ZS: The bodyshop have done an exceptionally good job with the paintwork. I could find no trace of overspray, masking lines, sanding marks, "fish eyes", or "orange peel" (and believe me I tried !) neither could I see any tell tale signs from the final polish: no buffer trails or holograms at all. Just acres of beautiful paintwork.

The photos of Banana in the bodyshop gave the impression that the bumper was sprayed whilst still on the car, and the reversing sensors where simply sprayed over. Not sure what the story is behind those photos, but on close inspection, that really doesn't seem to be the case .

I know Bob has had a few teething issues since getting here home, but the bodyshop are doing the right thing and fixing those few niggles that he had found, so all is good.

It pains me to say it, but ..... Flying Banana is beautiful .

She ideally needs a bit of detailing here and there from Bob (I'm talking perhaps the odd new badge etc, not paint related) but I'm being really picky here, and I've no doubt once Bob has got himself properly settled into his new home every last detail will be attended to.

Bob, she's a real credit to you and looks magnificent. Now you just have to put up some extra shelving for trophies and certificates .

Cliff

Many thanks for those kind remarks Cliff. She is my pride and joy and hopefully one day she will outshine the Lagoon under the bonnet.

Thanks for the lovely photo’s.

I’ll get the small problems fixed as I go along.

Again Many Thanks.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote