Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th August 2023, 16:52   #1
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Parking

As mentioned earlier, I have just acquired my first parking ticket. The PCN quoted the correct regno but the wrong manufacturer. There was also a photo of the rear quarter showing the number and the obvious boot lid with the number and badge motif. I'm told that because the ticket is wrong (manufacturer) that renders it invalid. Does anyone know if this is so, or do I have to shell out the fine please?
Old 29th August 2023, 17:48   #2
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

You have to ask yourself, 'did you park illegally?' If so, then why would you not pay the fine?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2023, 22:55   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The law and the courts are not necessarily the arbiter of what is just and fair nor what is morally right or wrong. Ditto outfits operating as local councils. And I have in the past witnessed traffic wardens sprinting at the end of the working day to outlying streets to try to ticket cars before they left for the day.

I gather that you have 14 days to lodge an informal appeal to the issuing council and if you do so that some, but not all, might extend the 14 days given to pay the reduced penalty. Check quickly with the issuing council and if they do you have nothing to lose in lodging an informal appeal. Link to the info: Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2023, 00:58   #4
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

This is your go-to website for parking & other motoring offences: www.pepipoo.com

I always appeal tickets & will always go to the adjudicator if necessary. I've had my appeals upheld in the last half dozen or so cases where PCN's have been issued to us, including one when our Fiesta was removed to the pound. I received a full refund of the £200 it cost us to reclaim our car & l received a great sense of satisfaction in not caving in to the underhanded powers that be, as l always do.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2023, 07:31   #5
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Surely it doesn't take much to park within the designated bay:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-fine-27531796

How to challenge it Wraymond:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...#section-start

Best of luck mate.

I've only ever had one parking ticket; Wolverhampton in 2009. Parked in a loading bay to pick up a pizza, as it after 6 thought it was ok. Got back to the car to see the ticket stuck on the window. Paid it.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2023, 15:01   #6
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
You have to ask yourself, 'did you park illegally?' If so, then why would you not pay the fine?

Parking

Post no. 2:

Maybe I wasn’t totally clear. I had parked entirely legally. Due to certain circumstances we were three mins late in returning. The query is that the PCN was incorrect in specific details in that the make of car was wrongly described.

It is a technicality that in many circumstances would be sufficient to nullify any demand until, at least, corrected. In admitting the validity of a wrong description I might be liable to being personally ‘complicit’. Paranoiac? Maybe, but care is essential. Can’t put it clearer than that.

An authoritative source has told me that the PCN is invalid because it does not describe the vehicle correctly. I see it as, if I accept this as being legal, I am complicit in furthering a mistake. I am personally scrupulous in such things, as indeed I expect the council to be.

Thanks for the replies, it all helps!
Old 30th August 2023, 15:59   #7
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I thought the law had changed a couple of years ago, allowing an extra 10 minutes for timed parking. I would contest it.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2023, 18:12   #8
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

There is another aspect to this. The plastic envelope taped to the screen contained a photo taken from a certain height and must have been part of the ticket machine going by the angles etc. (I had parked two places from the ticket machine). In other words, for an attendant to have taken the photo he would have had to be about 20 feet tall.

So, robot cameras tell the office the regno and which parking area for their agent to gallop over there to plant the ticket. R75 boot lids do not have the makers' logo on that boot lid - just the badge of the Viking ship. Yet the PCN gives a different make and model. The attendant wrongly gave the name of Jaguar. If it's wrong, it's wrong. As the PCN is considered a legal document....
Old 30th August 2023, 18:39   #9
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Ray, I would appeal, details wrong and its a piddling 3minutes over- The idea was to stop people abusing the law but 3minutes is ridiculous-play the age/invalid/non-sprinter card if applicable. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2023, 19:37   #10
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Don't pay it on principal of them calling your car a jag Ray!!

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk