Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd January 2020, 17:23   #10621
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Spent an entire afternoon rearranging the contents of the garage to fit the 75 in.

Tomorrow's job will be radiator replacement, I didn't fancy it outside given the forecast!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:36   #10622
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
Spent an entire afternoon rearranging the contents of the garage to fit the 75 in.

Tomorrow's job will be radiator replacement, I didn't fancy it outside given the forecast!
Ya tart

I on the other hand, drove the ZT to Dalton Park, and bought a jumper, a pair of leggings, a Radley handbag and matching purse, and nice pair of boots.

The amount of brownie points awarded to me from Mrs MB was astounding, and I feel I could get away with murder this evening

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:04   #10623
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Ya tart

Guilty!

Not really on good terms with the car at the minute, a day out in the peeing rain might be enough to make me part ways with the old girl....
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:24   #10624
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Ya tart

I on the other hand, drove the ZT to Dalton Park, and bought a jumper, a pair of leggings, a Radley handbag and matching purse, and nice pair of boots.

The amount of brownie points awarded to me from Mrs MB was astounding, and I feel I could get away with murder this evening

Brian
Are you sure they were all for your beloved? Go on, you know you can tell us the truth.
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:52   #10625
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Are you sure they were all for your beloved? Go on, you know you can tell us the truth.
Err no the jumper was for me......it was bleddy freezing today

Anyway, I couldn't see me in leggings and boots, never mind with a handbag.........little black dress maybe though

Marina x
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:03   #10626
robeire
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer 131bhp

Default nu finsh

i fit my new viking badge on the boot chrome strip

used (nu finish ) car polish to one of my doors its supposed to last a year

so only done one to see if it works ! i got it as an Xmas present from my son in Canada
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:31   #10627
Gren 24
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI

Fitted the new seatbelt pre tensioner today. All going well bolts undone disconnected the battery and waited. Old one off new one bolted back on. ( now I know I'm getting old ) The old one as a yellow connection the new one is blue. Guess who did not check before I started. So new one back off, and cut the blue one off and cut and dismantle the yellow one and rejoin it to the new tensioner. And then put every thing back as it should. Pleased to say that I must have done it OK as I now have the seatbelt warning light come on as it should. Now what simple upgrade can I find to do on Rover 75 Tourer, before my mind goes completely.
Old 3rd January 2020, 23:34   #10628
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Replaced air filter on my ZT 260

When Rick-sta did my lighting upgrade last month ( thanks again Rick..still loving it all) he had to remove the whole plastic front of the car. I was horrified to find the state of my air intake. I finally got around to fixing it this weekend. Car was parked and unused for the month but hooked up to my CTek charger. (Learned that lesson)
I had to take the whole front off again to get access. So many rusted fasteners, so I replaced most of them. The state of the old air filter was the worst I've ever seen, but the air was being drawn through the giant gap just forward of the MAF sensor, so it was actually doing nothing. I took some pics but don't seem to be able to upload them. Might try again later. Car is running (even better ) but I now have an engine warning light to worry about. OBD 11 reader hopefully arriving tomorrow.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2020, 18:43   #10629
marinabrian

MG ZT

Well today goes down in the annals of history as the worst job ever on a 75 or ZT........replacing the ATC blower motor.

Dead easy, only one plug and three screws holding it in.......well yes however to remove and refit, you first need to remove the pedal box

So after a leisurely walk with the hound, I starts in on the job.....all is going well until it's time to remove the pedal shaft, would it move.......nope

So off with the steering wheel, the steering column and now we have the space to get the pedal box out.

Removal and replacement of the motor then takes a further five minutes.

Now this is the time to replace that leaky clutch master cylinder, as there is nothing in the way, so off comes the split pin, and the roll pin pressed out, so the pipe can be withdrawn.......so far so good, and after a clean up the new (LHD) master cylinder is fitted to the pipework, the roll pin refitted followed by the split pin.

Buoyed by this success, the easibleed was taken out of hibernation and fitted the new master in readiness, oh cack, the last time I bled a clutch the car had no FBH, so FBH was taken from it's bracket to allow easy access to the slave bleed nipple.

Five minutes, and 250ml of fresh dot 4, and it's time for reassembly.

So the pedal shaft was drifted out, cleaned and lightly oiled ready for refitting, but first the pedal box needed to go back, the clutch and brake switches refitted, and the clutch master bolted on, that's as far as I got, as the next job was to refurbish the blistered paintwork on the clutch pedal......the paint is drying as we speak

More to come in the next thrilling installment of "The Worst Job Ever"

Brian
Old 4th January 2020, 19:42   #10630
Rover 75 Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourers(4)400turs(3

Brian do the sensable thing dump the 75 & sort the R8
Rover 75 Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote