Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2017, 13:11   #11
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If you PM me your address I can pop one in the post for you
Thanks ever so much Jeff, arrived safe & sound this morning.

Muchly appreciated sir!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 13:22   #12
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
Thanks ever so much Jeff, arrived safe & sound this morning.

Muchly appreciated sir!
You're very welcome, hope it does the job for you
Old 8th August 2017, 14:44   #13
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burwell Mike View Post

Fitted front camera today - simply plugged into USB port and we were away. Good picture with time,location and speed data added.

I might be missing something as I have only just started to use it but I can only find options on the installed DVR app to record in 5, 10 or 15 minute bursts. I was expecting the ability to continuously record on a loop. Has anyone found how to do this or can recommend a third party DVR app?

Mike
Having been on a long drive today with front camera fitted I think I can answer my own question! I had wrongly assumed that the 5,10, 15 minute timer buttons set the length of time that the DVR app recorded for. It seems however that the default is continuous recording and the timers simply break the files down into 5, 10 or 15 min lengths. Makes it quicker to find anything on the journey you want to review. I assume when the SD card is full it will overwrite the earliest files, but have not got that far yet to confirm.

So no need for a different app after all

Mike
Burwell Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 16:01   #14
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burwell Mike View Post
Having been on a long drive today with front camera fitted I think I can answer my own question! I had wrongly assumed that the 5,10, 15 minute timer buttons set the length of time that the DVR app recorded for. It seems however that the default is continuous recording and the timers simply break the files down into 5, 10 or 15 min lengths. Makes it quicker to find anything on the journey you want to review. I assume when the SD card is full it will overwrite the earliest files, but have not got that far yet to confirm.

So no need for a different app after all

Mike
You'll need to drive more miles to find out Mike

Nice catching up earlier, hope the speakers do the job
Old 8th August 2017, 16:21   #15
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
You'll need to drive more miles to find out Mike

Nice catching up earlier, hope the speakers do the job
Nice to see you Jeff - speakers look like they will fit well, thanks.

Not sure I can afford the petrol to fill a 32Gb card

Mike
Old 9th August 2017, 18:59   #16
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

So far I've got to concur with Mike's observations, though I've not got round to the DAB yet (thinking I might try and fit an external one behind the rear bumper and see how that goes...).

Just a quick question about the wiring on the reverse camera...
AM I right in thinking that at the Navall end, the Rev 1 wire needs connecting to the red wire included with the phono lead & a reverse wire from the car's loom?
Meanwhile at the camera end, the red from the phono cable goes to the +12V power (so red to red wire solder), and the black wire to an earth?
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 07:43   #17
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post

Just a quick question about the wiring on the reverse camera...
AM I right in thinking that at the Navall end, the Rev 1 wire needs connecting to the red wire included with the phono lead & a reverse wire from the car's loom?
Meanwhile at the camera end, the red from the phono cable goes to the +12V power (so red to red wire solder), and the black wire to an earth?
On mine I connected the red wire from the phono lead to the orange wire with a black stripe labelled Reverse on the Comet loom (ignore the other reverse orange wire). At the camera end I connected the same red wire to the reversing light wire behind the rear light cluster - green/brown from memory but might need to defer to Jeff on that. Black goes to ground.

Found this thread that might help, at post #5 there is a useful "how to" guide

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...+camera+tourer
Old 10th August 2017, 08:12   #18
RobPlews
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Default Comet Trials and successes

Big Ade - I was having reception troubles with my tourer with my Comet. And I seem to have solved the problem for my late model tourer at least. Sean asked me to post my findings here.

Seemed to me the antenna amplifier wasn't getting any power. I did a bit of research and a bit of electrical testing on this one. I'm not a chump when I comes to good old fashioned wiring at least. My amplifier certainly wasn't getting any power but with a wire to the boot light I could make it come on (and turn it on/off with the interior lights which was handy for testing).

So where was the power coming from with the old unit?

Having looked at a few wiring diagrams I got their in the end.

Pin 5 on the grey ISO plug does indeed power the antenna amplifier in the back D pillar of my tourer (2005) via a purple/yellow wire. Somehow its brown and yellow when it gets to the back of the car but whatever, it may split to run amps on other models.

On the black block that comes with the Comet pin 5 connects to a blue wire labelled 'ANT' funnily enough. This doesn't go into the Navall unit, it's a loose wire with a bullet connector on the end.

This is quite handy as connecting that to a live feed makes the cars antenna amplifier work with no chopping of looms etc.

The difference it has made for me is huge - without it I couldn't get BBC Newcastle here at all as I'm right on the edge of the broadcast area. With the amp working I can get it in stereo and better than my works Ford Ranger which is brand new.

Hopefully this may be useful to you in future if anyone is having trouble.
RobPlews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 09:08   #19
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPlews View Post
Big Ade - I was having reception troubles with my tourer with my Comet. And I seem to have solved the problem for my late model tourer at least. Sean asked me to post my findings here.

Seemed to me the antenna amplifier wasn't getting any power. I did a bit of research and a bit of electrical testing on this one. I'm not a chump when I comes to good old fashioned wiring at least. My amplifier certainly wasn't getting any power but with a wire to the boot light I could make it come on (and turn it on/off with the interior lights which was handy for testing).

So where was the power coming from with the old unit?

Having looked at a few wiring diagrams I got their in the end.

Pin 5 on the grey ISO plug does indeed power the antenna amplifier in the back D pillar of my tourer (2005) via a purple/yellow wire. Somehow its brown and yellow when it gets to the back of the car but whatever, it may split to run amps on other models.

On the black block that comes with the Comet pin 5 connects to a blue wire labelled 'ANT' funnily enough. This doesn't go into the Navall unit, it's a loose wire with a bullet connector on the end.

This is quite handy as connecting that to a live feed makes the cars antenna amplifier work with no chopping of looms etc.

The difference it has made for me is huge - without it I couldn't get BBC Newcastle here at all as I'm right on the edge of the broadcast area. With the amp working I can get it in stereo and better than my works Ford Ranger which is brand new.

Hopefully this may be useful to you in future if anyone is having trouble.
Brilliant bit of detective work ! I have found that the Comet reception was not as good as the Navall 3, it improved a bit with a new aerial adapter but I am sure what you have found is the real reason why ( I also have a tourer).

Not being as expert on wiring as you obviously are could you confirm where you picked up the live feed for the blue "ANT" wire. Could save me a bit of time next time I pull it out again to fix this!

Many thanks

Mike
Old 10th August 2017, 09:17   #20
coolcat
This is my second home

Having just scrutinised the Iso loom supplied with the Comet it does indeed have the aerial amplifier control wire removed from the loom plug and instead is on a trailing blue lead going back to the iso connector. So connecting the bullet connector to the ignition/acc live wire will power up the aerial amp.

Well done for finding this as I hadn't noticed