Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd September 2010, 14:04   #1

MG ZT

Default Mg Zt 2.5 V6 Mk2.

The airbag light is on all the time. This has happened in the past and my MG dealer soldered the connections beneath both seats. This appeared to clear the prolem, but it has returned. The dealer states that their is a connection problem on the passenger side, but did not investigate further due to cost, as he would have to remove the seat itself. Any ideas or help would be appriciated.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:19   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Gets stuck in

Rover 420 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
The airbag light is on all the time. This has happened in the past and my MG dealer soldered the connections beneath both seats. This appeared to clear the prolem, but it has returned. The dealer states that their is a connection problem on the passenger side, but did not investigate further due to cost, as he would have to remove the seat itself. Any ideas or help would be appriciated.
Common problem with MG ZS cars too............ leave the car off with no keys in the ignition.........detach the plug and spray some contact cleaner into both ends........and clip and unclip the plugs repeatedly and spray some more contact cleaner on each plug end..........finally clip together and turn on the ignition..........the 'air bag' lights should now extinguish after starting the car.

I am not recommending it but I will tell you quite a few owners got fed up with the BMW connector plug problem under the seats and cut them off and soldered them together the old fashioned way with no further problems.

The dashboard light usually pops up after moving the seat backwards or forwards and this slight movement is all it takes to upset the plug lol

Have a problem? Try here first CLICK ME!
Still unsure? PM me!
Boot Hill Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:32   #3

MG ZT

Thank you Jim, but my dealer claims to have soldered the wires together, and this is something else.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:29   #4
Prometheus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I recently had this. But then again i had work done in replacing the master cylinder slave and clutch. Garage in their error fittet the grommet that seals the firewall where the clutch goes though. This let water in under the carpet and after some heavy rain it drowned the Side inpact sensor.

Only diagnosed on my car after the connectors where soldered. So if you have in the past had work done on the clutch check for water under the carpet

MG ZT 190 2003
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote