Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2013, 22:15   #51
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Lovely pix John - they make me feel cold just looking at them
Although I reckon they are for making 'phone calls on, and cameras are for taking photos , I must admit that the quality of photographs on mobile 'phones is getting better all the time. My mobile (a cheap LG) has more megapixels than my first digital camera had
Hi Rod,

Many thanks for you kind words,I agree with you on mob phones,as I was saying to Phil above, my knowledge with these is very limited,but must say with my present mob,the quality is a vast improvement from my earlier one again a samsung.

But,as you quite rightly say,they are mainly for making calls,texts etc,but obviously come in handy when you sometimes go out without your camera,as I had on that day,was returning home towards dusk on an otherwise cold dull day,passing the local harbour,when I spotted the unusual event pictured above,too good to miss.

Very Best Regards.

John.
Old 24th February 2013, 22:00   #52
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Hiya john it's been a while since ive looked in on your photo's they are great as always mate,...
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 14:55   #53
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi John

I did not realise you suffer from severe arthritis. What a blight for you to have to endure and as you said John, it has changed the way from how you used to be able to do things. Thanks for letting me know about the Kodak and your new Samsung Mp phone. It is quite amazing how these devices are getting better than some of the main stream digital cameras and how they are more convenient for carrying around. I had forgotten about the Kodak.

You do have a good eye for composition and creation which is seen in your photos: the different filters, lighting effects, reduction of noise, then finishing them off with a nice frame for added impact. I do not know how many photos you take before you are happy with the ones you publish here. I take hundreds and then take a pick of the best wildlife ones, then maybe from those I feel I am able to use just a handful. I keep meaning to add some more to the 'Out of Africa' series I have done, but have not got round to it.

I still find post editing takes a long time and I can take 2 - 3 hours in one session to do maybe 30. I checked to see how many photos I have on this laptop and it is almost 5000. Last year I took the bull by its horns and deleted nearly 2000 and how quickly they have creeped back up again.

I suspect that some of the 'Big Guns' on the photo section of the club would have 10's of thousands. I am only guessing.

I bought Adobe Light Room 4 and a plug in for Light Room, a HDR program called Imagenomic. I hardly use the HDR one as it is a bit severe with the special effects but is fun to toy with.

I had better pause there John. You might not be aware but you do have quite a following on the forum John, so do keep posting as we are looking forward to seeing your next creations. I hope the weather improves soon for you guys in the UK

All the best

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 22:19   #54
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Default Outward Bound;

Took these shot's this afternoon,of a Scandinavian Vessel,departing Workington Harbour,Cumbria,destination unknown,with the Port's Pilot Vessel in attendance.

The latter two shot's,job done,the Pilot return's to Port.

Best Regards.

John.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:25..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 07:08   #55
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Magnificent - as usual John
Whenever I see photos of commercial shipping setting sail, it brings this mental picture of cold, lonely oceans and nothing to see for miles around - and these pictures really are the epitomy of that
Any chance of sending some of that bright blue sky over to this side of the Pennines please - we're stuck in a rut of cold, foggy, misty, frost at the moment

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 19:39   #56
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Magnificent - as usual John
Whenever I see photos of commercial shipping setting sail, it brings this mental picture of cold, lonely oceans and nothing to see for miles around - and these pictures really are the epitomy of that
Any chance of sending some of that bright blue sky over to this side of the Pennines please - we're stuck in a rut of cold, foggy, misty, frost at the moment
Hi Rod,

Many thanks,I am with you on that,commercial shipping has always been a favourite of mine.I was actually born in Barrow in Furness,hence my interest in all things South Lakeland,as you may know,Barrow was for many years,a very busy shipbuilding Town,both Militarily & Commercially.

Concentrating latterly on Submarines,even that is not what it used to be,same all over I guess,alas,shipbuiding much to my dismay,is a thing of the past,in this Country,I'm afraid.

As for the weather Rod,what a difference a day makes,today was just the opposite to yesterday,overcast,cold, finishing off with rain this evening,ah well! back to normal for around here I suppose lol.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 24th March 2013, 21:15   #57
Bluejon

A few more pics with a nautical theme,taken from around the local region.

Cruise ship 'THE WORLD' laying off Whitehaven,Cumbria.

As above.

The Motor Vessel,'TEAL' on Windermere,approaching Waterhead Pier,Ambleside.

A Container Vessel,berthed in Workington Cumbria.

Fishing Vessels at rest in Maryport,Cumbria.

The same Harbour from a different viewpoint.

And again.

BEST REGARDS.

JOHN.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:27..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 21:23   #58
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Very nice pictures John I really enjoyed looking at them
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 21:25   #59
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmoobs View Post
Very nice pictures John I really enjoyed looking at them
Many thanks Anthony,very much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

John.
Old 25th March 2013, 09:11   #60
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

I've run out of words now John
I wouldn't mind being on the cruise vessel, heading for warmer waters
How have you fared with the snow - we've escaped it almost totally, but go 35 miles further inland and its a different story

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote