Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th July 2020, 21:06   #1
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Default Adios amigos

Some months ago a non member approached the club via this forum asking if anyone could assist him in finding a Rover 75. The upshot was that I today parted with Gilbert my Cowley 75 cdt. It is the end of nine years of ownership, and I shall miss the old boy dreadfully. The simple fact was that I was doing less and less mileage, only 800 miles last year and it was time to be realistic. John the new owner is wonderfully entheusiastic, and full of ambitions as to what to do with the car, and undoubtably will give it a good home. The car is in my opinion in A1 condition and John intends to use it daily, unlike my occasional outings on holidays and high days. I would like to pay tribute to the club and the host of wonderful characters who make it so unique, and to Jules, Colwyn Bay who made Rover ownership so enjoyable with his expertise and friendship. A condition of the sale was that John the new owner of Gilbert should join this club and no doubt he will introduce himself on the forum before long. I intend to stay a paid up member of the club as I could not imagine a day without catching up with all things Rover so not totally goodbye. It feels so much the right thing and the right time, but I would not have missed the thrill of owning and driving a Rover 75.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2020, 21:40   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I’m pleased to hear that you are staying on Alan, and that it’s gone to an owner who will appreciate it as you did
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 07:54   #3
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Smile

Hi Alan,
It was great to meet you when I came with John to pick up Gilbert, I'm pretty sure John has joined the forum but will check before I start nagging him to do so. When we got back we went for lunch, John's treat, and I can tell you he's like a dog with two tails, he does have plans to personalise the car but nothing too radical, keeping it standard in the main.

He will most likely be going to the Nano meets when and if they get going again, we have venue problems at the moment with them. Hopefully he can get some of the extras done on the T4 there like lazy locking etc.

I did not know your forum name until now but I have often read your threads and enjoyed your witty comments and banter and pleased that you'll be staying on the forum. I have many fond memories of Weston from holidays there in the past, indeed it was where I went on holiday to with my first car on my own. Parked on the beach and was a bit late back, the tide was coming in and only a few yards away from my car, lol.

Regards and take care,

Martyn.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 12:27   #4
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Thank you Martyn, I also enjoyed our meeting yesterday and glad that you will be on hand to advise John until he is up to speed on Rover 75 quirks. I just went to get the lawnmower out of the garage and there was a big empty space that Gilbert had always occupied, it gave me a bit of an emotional twinge but still glad that he has gone to a good home. It occurred to me that now that Gibert the Rover lives in Birmingham it should be realy iconic, what with the Rover history in that city.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2020, 07:48   #5
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Lovely. Glad you’re staying. Don’t be a stranger.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote