Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2020, 06:54   #41
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I suspect it will be the same as when Unleaded was introduced, there were even TV programs on explaining all our older cars will be junk with a few months with out the lead they ''NEED''.Did that happen? Most engines coped with it perfectly well and the ones that didn't have some toughened valve seats fitted that probably needed doing anyway. Most people wont even be aware there is a change in the fuel.

Some countries have been using higher concentrations of Ethanol for years with little or no problems. Worse case will be some parts will need replacing in the fuel system but are probably due or even over due replacement anyway. My guess would be that our cars will be fine, BMW were well aware of Ethanol being used around the world so it will probably not be a problem.

If you don't want to spend the money ''upgrading'' your fuel system just use Super Unleaded , it will cost you about £5 a tank extra.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:43   #42
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Yes but where it gets interesting is places like Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Super unleaded is rare enough in most petrol stations here, and in the south, jesus, if you can find a pump your looking close to €1.50 a litre at times.

With Topaz (bought over shell here) and Circle K (bought over almost every independent now) being your only real choice in South, and up North we only have BP, Sainsburys and any independent station who also buy it from BP / sainsburys.

I havnt seen super unleaded in a maxol in 10 years here and Tesco / Asda don't stock super here also.

Its an absolute nightmare. So I can see this causing even more hassle.

If they can figure out an additive to protect older fuel lines etc they will be onto a winner.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 23rd July 2020 at 02:45..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote